Is there a video that shows how to set up a single field as editable from the online editor?

I thought I would start simple with the CMS but it’s defeating me at the moment. I’ve added a CMS page with the online editor, logged on to that and created a single markdown file containing text and saved that but with everything I’ve tried so far I’ve not been able to link to that file to an Item on my Home page to show the CMS controlled text on my Home page. Is there an idiots guide somewhere on how to do this please?

Have you watched the Getting Started videos? Part one shows you how to add the CMS to your project:

And in part two we continue by converting single pieces of content into CMS driven items:

Have a watch of those and let us know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

@ben A video how to get going with the new Microblog would be useful …. @dan

Thanks Ben.

I have managed to get it to work now. I’m keen to see what a site might look like from a client’s point of view so I started by adding the online editor to a CMS page and have been converting individual fields to be CMS controlled using the Item element so I have quite a few bits of text now controlled by the CMS on this test site: https://websitesyorksandbox6.co.uk/

I got a bit stuck yesterday trying to style text in a Typography element when I tried to change the colour using a custom typography theme. It would let me change the font and the font size but yesterday didn’t let me change the colour of the text. However, when I look today its working OK now so its looking good for what I need to be able to do.

I will also need to be able to offer blogging at some point but I wanted to start with the basics as not all my clients need a blog. I’m used to using TCMS1 in Rapidweaver and I’ve built nearly 80 sites previously using that system but that appears to now be no longer an option for me so I’m looking for something that can offer the same customer friendly features.

Do you think in the future it will be possible for me to build an Admin page whereby my client could log in and see a view of the existing text, structured similarly to the content page and just be able to update that text in a form and press a save button?

One thing that would be very useful right now would be to have a button on the Elements CMS page that takes the client/viewer back to the home page.

Best Wishes

Martin Waring

| PLM Per Martins
September 21 |

  • | - |

@ben A video how to get going with the new Microblog would be useful …. @dan


Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.


In Reply To

| ben Developer, Realmac Software
September 21 |

  • | - |

Have you watched the Getting Started videos? Part one shows you how to add the CMS to your project: [How to Set Up Elements CMS: Part 1 - Adding and Displaying Blog Posts] And in part two we continue by converting single pieces of content into CMS driven items: [How to Set Up …


Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Martin Waring
martwaring@gmail.com