Is there any good alternative to ECWID?

ECWID has become expensive. is there any good alternative to ECWID? something like an easy to use cart which can do PromptPay, Wire Transfer, Stripe and PayPal? and which is paid for ones without any monthly or whatsoever fees…? I got RapidCart bu I remember that it was quite an act to get it running…?

Hey @hucky,

There are plenty of cloud based ecommerce providers, but they’re all expensive. ECWID was popular because of the relatively low fees.

The cheapest option is to build one yourself using either VibraCart Pro ($60, Vibralogix) or Webshop.stack (starting at $60, SDS82 Software).

You could also install an open source solution like cubeCart ($Free, CubeCart) or Magento Open Source ($Free, Adobe) and make sure the look-and-feel matches your own website.

Note: I’m not sure if all the payment options you mention are supported by these solutions. Stripe and PayPal are, for sure, supported though.

What will work for you, depends on 1) how much effort and time you’re willing to put into it and 2) what features are absolutely necessary for you.

Cheers,
Erwin

Thank you very much, Erwin, this helps a lot. Between VibraCart Pro and Webshop.stack, which one would be easier to handle? Also, is that od RapidCart still supported and working?

Hi @hucky,

RapidCart is no longer in development, so no longer supported. It only works in older versions of RapidWeaver, not in the current or future ones.

Of the two, I only have hands-on experience with VibraCart Pro, which works like a charm. I highly recommend it. Do get the RapidWeaver bundle version though, as it comes with pre-made stacks for you to use. It’s the same price as ‘regular’ VibraCart Pro.

I’ve no experience with webshop.stack (yet), but it looks to be a very well made product. One big difference with VibraCart Pro is that Webshop.stack is limited in the backend functionality unless you buy the future expansion (called “PSS”).

Cheers,
Erwin

Thanks so much, Erwin. That sounds like VibraCart is the way to go… I guess I can get the RW bundle version of VibraCart Pro on Marketplace?
Actually I could not find the bundle version on Marketplace. Is there another place to get it?

Hi @hucky ,

Just go directly to vibralogix.com, there you can find the bundle.

Thanks Ricardo. I went there and they offer various apps but I can’t find any particular RW bundle including Vibralogix…?

On the VibraCart Pro page, near the bottom, you’ll see two “Add to cart” buttons. One is for the normal version, the bottom one is for the “for RapidWeaver” version. They’re both the same price, and the “for RapidWeaver” bundle contains the full version of VibraCart Pro (and a set of stacks to make implementation easier).

Capto_Capture 2024-04-18_16-58-38_

Cheers,
Erwin

2 Likes

Thank you, Erwin. Got it now…. it did not look like a bundle at first.
I will go through the manual and check if this is for me.
Thanks again
Cheers
Hucky

1 Like