Login notification?

I have just used JoeWorkman’s Page Safe to password protect a page and I’m wondering if anyone knows how to identify when someone logs in - ideally sending an automated email with “password xyz123 logged in at 3:15pm today” type of message.

Previously used the old Loghound Lockdown system which had this feature built in but needed to change it because of other issues. I have put in a feature request but if there’s some other way to do this would be good to know.

I don’t think you can do this with Page Safe. If I’m wrong, I’d love to know how to do the same thing. I’m sure @joeworkman or @zeebe can confirm/deny sometime today.

Sitelok does have this feature. I don’t think it will auto-email you, but it’s very easy to peruse a list of logins. @vibralogix can confirm (or not) whether Sitelok will auto-email logins. If it does I wouldn’t activate as that would be too much “noise” for me to be receiving all the time.

2 Likes

Sitelok doesn’t have an auto email on login but I can probably make a simple mod to do that if it helps.

4 Likes

This is correct, it is NOT a possibility with PageSafe.

1 Like

Adrian: It would be especially nice if there were some options: immediate email for all logins, or daily summary of logins. I wouldn’t want the immediate email option, but a daily/weekly summary sent via email could be very sweet and useful.

Immediate email wouldn’t be my choice, the summary offered in SiteLok is perfect. I mentioned the login email alert simply because it was an option in LockDown and my clients were happy with it.

I will certainly give that some thought.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.