Non Support from RapidWeaver

I downloaded your project file and did some testing.

The issue is that — in Edit mode — the page refuses to scroll. But you still can copy the content and paste it into TextEdit.

The scrolling issue seems to arise because of the embedded audio files. When I paste just the text part of your page, the Styled Text page behaves normally and scrolling is working. (That scrolling issue is certainly a bug.)

So my advice for a workaround would be: Don’t drag your audio files into the Styled Text pages. Drag them into the resources area of your project and insert simple links to those resources in your Styled Text page.

1 Like

I must be doiing something wrong - what are you doing to get the project file? I can only get a selection of plists and the exported project folders

I just did a direct download, it put a zip file into my downloads folder, unzipped and it was a rw project file.

I was able to paste as plain text from the word document with out a problem. The word doc doesn’t have the audio stuff in it, where does that come from?

I downloaded the RW file and the Word document. I was able to paste the contents (as plain text) into the top of the Services - March 2018 page. I previewed the page and scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page. I then went back to Edit mode, scrolled to the bottom and inserted some text. I went back to Preview to confirm that the text I inserted was actually at the bottom of the page.

I was not able to duplicate the issue you are seeing.

RW: 7.5.5

It may be an OS related issue, so I wanted to provide another data point.

If what I did was not how to recreate the issue, please provide step by step instructions, and I can retest.

Kurt, Thanks for being so helpful. I have put the text into textedit and pasted that into the Edit of RW. You are absolutely right that that enables me to edit and the text appears in the Preview as I want it to appear.

Now comes the entering of the audio files. Could you bear with me, please-I’m not the brightest when it comes to computers!- could you clarify what you mean when you speak about the ‘resources area of your project’. Where is that?
I’d hate to lose what I’ve done by trying to insert an audio file in a way which makes the text vanish again!

Doug, the audio files are separate mp3 files which up until now I’ve simply been able to drag them from the desktop into the edit section of RW and it’s worked OK. Malcolm

Don, Up until now, I have compiled the text in Word, posted that into Edit in RW. That has enabled me to organise the formatting I wanted so it look as I wanted it in Preview in RW. Then I dragged the audio files (Mp3 files) from the desktop to where I wanted them on the Edit page of RW. They then appeared in the Preview. And I saved and published.
For some reason, what I have been doing for a couple of years no longer works. Hence my problem.
Malcolm

Then something changed. Maybe RW was updated. Maybe MacOS was updated.

What version of MacOS are you running?

Were my steps sufficient to recreate the issue? If so, then maybe we can narrow down what’s different to help find the cause.

Don, I’m on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5

The Resources area is in Rapidweaver’s sidebar (show or hide with cmd-opt-L), just below your pages and above the Settings area. If you hover the cursor above the word „Resources“, an additional word „Show“ or „Hide“ will appear.

Obviously you have already used that area before for „Easter 2018 Audio Files“.

When you create a text link on your Styled Text page, you choose „Resource“ instead of „Page“ from the URL popup menu.

1 Like

Should my steps have recreated the issue?

I’m trying to figure out if I’m doing something different or if it’s the OS difference that’s causing your issue.

I wish I knew, Don! Malcolm

Kurt, I have no idea how ‘Easter 2018 Audio files’ ended up in Resources! But to make sure that I don’t mess up what I have on the screen right now, do I drag my mp3 files from my desktop into Resources (General, Code, Master Style, Notes, or Publishing?) Then do I drag them from there into Edit or Preview?
Malcolm

You’ve been lucky it has worked in the past. Word doc And docsx Files are loaded with all kinds of stuff that will break html.

I would recommend you look at using a text editor not a word processor.

You might even take the time to learn markdown, and get a markdown editor.

1 Like

You drag your mp3 files into the resources area — not into the Settings area.
The next step: You create a text link on your page. You write the title of the song, select it and click the Create Link button (at the bottom of the Edit window). In the following dialog you choose “Resource” from the URL popup menu.

Kurt,
I’m getting there! I have put all the audio files into the Resources
Now, you tell me to ’ create a text link on your page.’ Is that on the Edit or the Preview?
I have visions of the whole lot disappearing!
You really are helping and I’m so grateful.
Malcolm

Doug,
I’m trying to take all this on board! Is Text Editor on the Mac already or is it a app I have to download.
Same question about Markdown.
Malcolm

You are editing your page. So you would create links in Edit Mode.

In fact, you have the song titles already there. Select a song title and click the Create Link Button.

I clicked on the link button and it took me to this …but how do I get it into the Edit page?