Oscar will never write again in the forum

Very sad. I remember fondly Oscar’s many many contributions.

1 Like

I suppose it’s good that he didn’t suffer a long time. Such terrible news though.

@apfelpuree, I don’t know if you know Oscar and his family “in real life” but if there’s any way that we can help out (as small/insignificant that it may be) I’d be happy to contribute.

As others have mentioned, it is a lesson for us all that our time here is precious, and we should live it accordingly. Fitting that, right until the end, Oscar is giving us incredibly helpful information. I hope he rests in peace.

4 Likes

Well said @jabostick. I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

[quote=“jabostick, post:22, topic:6935, full:true”]I don’t know if you know Oscar and his family “in real life” but if there’s any way that we can help out (as small/insignificant that it may be) I’d be happy to contribute.
[/quote]

As others I know Oscar from the forum since years. In the last year we planned to visit each other (Oscar lives in Zurich, I live in Heidelberg), but we never realized this. Before Christmas or in late autumn Oscar contacted me personally and told me about his cancer. We felt connected because we have a cancer problem in our own family and so we had some mail contact until his end. But I never had contact to his family.

I will send a letter to his wife the next days to say thank you for the contact I had to Oscar. I will tell her about the important role Oscar had for our virtual community. And for Oscar it was relevant to have contact to people all over the world here in the forum.

-Michael

9 Likes