Oscar will never write again in the forum

(Michael M.) #1

@dan asked me to write something about @oscar in English. This morning I wrote something about him in the German forum (in German).

Oscar was a long time member and moderator in the Realmac community. He was already moderator in the old forum and he was always a patient and kind advisor who helped a lot of RapidWeaver users with their problems and fought against the spam in the old forum.

Oscar is suffering from cancer since some months, but the cancer was detected very late and then progressed very fast. Now he suffers from severe pain, but this will be over very soon.

Really bad news - but Oscar was an essential part of the RapidWeaver community and I cannot imagine our forum without him. And you should know the reason why Oscar will “disappear” from the forum. His last post was about two weeks ago and he will not come back.

I am sure, we all will keep him in good memory.

-Michael

(Jason Bostick) #2

Wow that’s awful news. It’s an understatement to say he’ll be missed.

If there is any way we can help him or his family, let us know.

(David) #3

That is very sad news indeed - so sorry to hear that. Yes - please let us know if we can help in any way.

(Menno) #4

Makes me feel sad to read. What can I say.
Kind regards to Oscar,

Menno.

(Markus Frieauff ) #5

Oh my god. Terrible news. I will drop him a note and send a prayer for him.

(Mark Sealey) #6

@apfelpuree, thanks for that news. Yes Oscar helped so many. Best to him and his nearest and dearest.

(Rob Beattie) #7

Oh, that’s really shitty news. I’m very sorry to hear that. Oscar helped an awful lot of people in this community.

Thanks for everything Oscar. :sunglasses:

(Scott Steven) #8

Wow what a loss. Really sorry to hear this

(scott williams) #9

Sad, sad news, Oscar has helped a huge amount of RW users. How can we help Oscor?

(Brian LaPan) #10

Oscar was class. He will be missed.

Sending thoughts of peace and love to him and his loved ones.

(Dan) #11

This news really is awful :cry: I feel so, so sad for Oscar and his family.

Life is so short, and so precious.

Take care Oscar wherever you’re moving on too. We’ll miss you.

(gille) #12

Oscar, you made a difference in people’s lives by helping them with their problems. You will never be forgotten.

(Dan) #13

(Stuart) #14

This is terrible news. Oscar is and always will be an absolute legend in the world of Rapidweaver, you could not begin to count the number of people he has helped and problems he solved.

Rest easy Oscar, your memory will live on in this community.

(Nik Fletcher) #15

This is incredibly sad news. Thanks for being such a prominent member of the community over the years, Oscar.

(Henk Vrieselaar) #16

Really very sad news. Oscar was one of the most frequent visitors on the forums, and was very helpful to many RW users. They will miss him. His memory will live on in this community.

(Adam Shiver) #17

This is horrible news. I feel so incredibly sad for Oscar and his family. Oscar’s help has been invaluable to so many people. He has always been a pleasure to talk with about web development, RapidWeaver and general human nature. He will be truly missed in this community of ours.

As @dan said – life is so short and precious. If encourage everyone to be more like Osacr. Caring, giving, friendly and supportive. He is a good example for us all.

(Gary) #18

Very sad news … Oscar was very kind and helpful. I will pray for his family during this time.

(Michael M.) #19

Oscar died on Friday morning, as far as I know.

It is so sad. Everything wenn so fast.

(Slavi Chavoc) #20

It is very sad for us here but I’m sure he is already designing a fantastic site for the hereafter. May your spirit soar Oscar.