OT: A personal request, if possible

Hello fellow weavers,

I do have a small favor to ask, if possible. My father (well, stepfather actually) turned 83 yesterday. He is currently in holidays and he supported me all my life. So when he gets back, I would love to surprise him with postcards from all over the world wishing him a Happy Birthday.

So if you want to and have a few minutes and a stamp to spare, please send a card to:

Jan Fuellemann
Attn. Manfred Voegele
Ellmerweg 13
31224 Peine
Germany

Sorry for the OT and thanks for reading :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Jan

4 Likes

What a nice idea. Are you sure he won’t think it a bit odd to get all those cards from strangers? I hope he’s a stamp collector; it would add extra interest!

He did travel around the world as a Journalist, so I think he will love the pictures and greetings very much :slight_smile:

Hi Jan,

These days I send you one from Spain, Málaga.

Regards :wink:

1 Like

Hey Jan,

Sending Birthday wishes by postcard from Annapolis, MD via Roswell, New Mexico - land of the UFOs.

1 Like

Great!!!

I’ll send him a New Forest one.

Mine is in the mail. Look forward to seeing how long it takes to wing its way there.

I’ll let you know… :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Perfect!

Got the card. Will send today from Richmond upon Thames.

2 Likes

Lovely idea I’ll try and get one in the post

2 Likes

@Fuellemann I’m sending a postcard from San Francisco today. Don’t know how long it will take, but it will get there eventually!

2 Likes

The first one arrived today from UK :slight_smile: Thank you :pray:

a big THANK YOU from my father, who was overwhelmed by all the cards and good wishes :slight_smile:

Thank you very much to all of you!
Jan

2 Likes

Wow! So cool! Really happy he was pleasantly surprised by the cards! :grin::grin:

1 Like

@Jan Oh no! It looks like my card from San Francisco did not get there in time. I hope it does arrive!

@Jan I see the card I sent from Roswell! So tickled that it arrived. Hope your father had a happy birthday.

1 Like

I’m glad he enjoyed them. i see mine top right, next to Mickey Mouse.

1 Like

I’ll tell you as soon as I receive it!