Problem publishing

The publication of My website (hennix.eu) in Rw 8 is interrupted as soon as I start publishing. I use the same theme, Voyager, on another website without any problems. I have tested that the connection works.

Without more specific information it’s going to be difficult to get help.

• Screenshot of publishing settings
  • name of hosting company
  • screenshot of the error message that you’re getting

All would be helpful.

1 Like

Host is One.com

Regards from Peter Hennix

Hi!

Host is One.com

You said you tested OK (test button).
Does it appear like you don’t have anything in the path or the WebSite Address?

I would definitely fill out the Web address.

What happens if you hit the Browse next to the path?
It should give you a Directory list.
You then would select the proper " File System Path"

2 Likes

One.com support has confirmed that my publishing preferences are ok.
It is no problem to open hennix.eu in a browser but this version lacks the latest changes that i cannot publish.
/Peter

teefers Doug Bennett RapidWeaver Pro
May 21
You said you tested OK (test button).

Yes

Opening a webpage in a browser really doesn’t mean anything when you are talking about publishing issues. They are two completely different protocols and use different applications both on the host and client.

Not sure what “changes” you think are lacking? There’s literally thousands of users using RW8 to publish with very little or no issues.

You haven’t yet answered that question. This would probably be the next logical test. The test button really only does a minor test of the login credentials(username and password on the server) it doesn’t check the path, mode or connections.

What exactly did they check? It would be very strange to have a path In publishing settings to be entirely blank. What did they tell you the path should be?

1 Like

teefers Doug Bennett RapidWeaver Pro
May 22

cessna:
It is no problem to open in a browser

Opening a webpage in a browser really doesn’t mean anything when you are talking about publishing issues. They are two completely different protocols and use different applications both on the host and client.

cessna:
this version lacks the latest changes that i cannot publish.

Not sure what “changes” you think are lacking? There’s literally thousands of users using RW8 to publish with very little or no issues.

Changes I have done on the page and failed due to stopped publishing

teefers:
What happens if you hit the Browse next to the path?

Nothing but got the enclosed messages

You haven’t yet answered that question. This would probably be the next logical test. The test button really only does a minor test of the login credentials(username and password on the server) it doesn’t check the path, mode or connections.

cessna:
One.com support has confirmed that my publishing preferences are ok

What exactly did they check? It would be very strange to have a path In publishing settings to be entirely blank. What did they tell you the path should be?

When I asked for the path, I got the answer that I should not enter any path. But I read on one.com’s website that ftp should be ftp.hennix.eu. Though it hasn’t solved the problem.

Please note that I also have path blank in the publishing settings for another of my websites. And it works! See the attached screenshot for strangnasornitologerna.se.

I don’t see the error messages that you get when you try “Browse”.

FTP logins can have different “root” paths. That’s the path that the user is placed in when connecting. This can be different even for users on the same domain, so it working with a blank path on one site doesn’t mean this one shouldn’t have a path.

Seeing what happens when you browse will help us.

After contradictory answers from both RW and web host, I give up. I make a whole new website from the beginning.

Peter Hennix
mail: peter@hennix.eu
cellphone: +46 73 614 13 05
phone: +46 152-75 25 55
webb site: www.hennix.eu
address: Roggegatan 2A, 64530 Strängnäs, Sweden

He seems to be adding images but replying via email. I don’t think images show in the forum when they’re created via responding to an email notification.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.