Rapidweaver 8 feature request

You would need to file this as a feature request with YourHead Software, as they’re the developer of Stacks.

1 Like

Ah yes - of course. Thanks Adam. Will raise with them…

True. True. True. True. I would have said “true” once, but there’s a minimum 20 characters.

1 Like

Make any modifications to the Code section under Settings be theme specific. As it is now, any additions to Code (such as CSS) aren’t cleared when you change themes, but carry over instead. Such CSS is completely unrelated to new themes and can really mess things up!

50 PM

Two things that don’t have to wait for RW8.
1.When I change a word on a photo album page, the page name, on the left column should be marked changed (with the white dot).
2. Every time I open an existing project, I need to widen the left side column that shows the list of pages.
I would like RW to remember this layout change.

Add an Icon Font Manager just like this one from *****

8 Likes

Add a Google Font manager like this one:
2017-11-29_10-08-28

2017-11-29_10-08-54

6 Likes

Great request both :smiley:

2 Likes

Aa even better type of font manager is one that shows every font named in its own font.

Screen Shot 82

6 Likes

@webdeer Same think, from the same application, you gave screen prints from how to select the font, mine are how to add the font.

I thought yours was familiar so clearly we are signing of the same hymn sheet. Choosing a font and weight, and equally this applies to icons, should always be a visual process.

Thank goodness we managed not to mention the Application.

1 Like

@webdeer
Because Lighthearted Observations Cause Stress ?

Stress?.. When I stress out I usually run around the block…

True. When I get overly stressed I go for a walk in the forest nearby. I’ve been watching the Pines grow there for years.

1 Like

@ben @dan @isaiah I don’t know if this is a RW or a Stacks request. But it would be really really nice if all image based stacks contained an option to warehouse/link to an image already on a server. Some developers do this already, some don’t. But having it as a default option would really help. There’s a lot of inconsistency across image-based stacks in this regards. At this point in time it seems sensible to always give users to either drag/drop or link to a warehoused image.

Somewhat related: it would be great if we could drag/drop SVG images. They are so much better than their JPG, GIF, or PNG variations if you are doing illustration-type images. Why, at this point in time, SVG images are excluded from the “party” makes no sense at all.

If a default of links to warehoused images were in all image-based stacks/pages then at the least folks could always use SVGs with any stack tool. And if SVGs could be made drag/drop then novices could still take advantage of SVG goodness with the simplicity of drag/drop.

2 Likes

I would like the ability to export a pdf of each page of the site.

1 Like

i think it’s probably a little bit of both RW and Stacks. stacks, of course, at the page level for handling of links to those warehoused objects – and being able to treat those linked images as first-class citizens, just like other image stacks.

and also RW – they’ve already started in RW7 with expanded site-wide warehousing. but i don’t think there’s an API for this yet – but i’ll be honest – i’ve been too busy lately to look and see if something got added. maybe we should ask @simon? if not – then that’s my (latest) RW8 feature request. :smiley:

isaiah

4 Likes

Would love to see a dropdown menu that would list your favorite themes. I know you can set one theme to be always used, but would be so much easier to go into the icons on top of RW and be able to select a different theme without having to open the inspector or theme drawer.

2 Likes

Even more a full redesigned theme chooser…

2 Likes

Some features I currently miss are:

• A Template-System for preconfigured Stacks or group of Stacks for regular use similar to partials. Maybe just create one on the page and save it via drag-and-drop to the Templates.
  • Zoom in for the purpose of editing stacks on a page. Some stacks get really narrow on a site, specially when they are put in other stacks on a page with multiple columns. It would be great to have a small button at each stack to toggle the stack to full width of the screen to see and edit inside that stack.
  • A System to manually sort/categorise the stacks, maybe even switch between sorting, tags, group several stacks together.
  • Add a generated list of stacks called “Used stacks”, automatically containing all stacks used on this page or project.

I don’t know if anything of that was mentioned before. A better way of handling fonts would be great as well, but was already shown with some very nice solutions.

2 Likes