Rapidweaver Elements Version 3.1 - Webhook Problem

RapidWeaver Elements 3.1.0 (24662)

Since the update all my previously working form webhooks PHP scripts have stopped working. I don’t have a high level of technical knowledge but I have checked everything. What has changed with this version? Can anybody please help?

Hi @RoyJR

Do you have a link to one of your contact form pages we can look at?

I have tried a new very basic form to test my webhooks PHP test script which does not work: mycamps

Du you need web hooks URL?

Nah just the link to a contact page. Strange it’s giving a 200 response code which is what we’d want to see, and the response is saying the form was submitted successfully. It’s not erroring out or anything.

Can you download the last version of Elements (3.0.18) from our release notes page and republish your site to see if your webhooks start working?

I am running version 3.1

Right I know, can you download (3.0.18) from our release notes page and revert to that last version and re-publish your site to test? It shouldn’t hurt anything, just trying to see if that last version worked since you said things stopped working after updating to 3.1.0

Yes, now the PHP script works perfectly, but I don’t receive the normal email. I would expect both?

I’m not sure, 3.0.18 was the last version before 3.1. If your webhooks were working fine in the last version 3.0.18 then I’d expect them to continue to work fine after republsihing with that version.

Can you republish that test page mycamps with 3.0.18 so I can compare the results of the two?

done!

Now after re-publishing the Page, I only get the normal email - and not the PHP script one?

Yes, now it’s showing webhook instead of email in the response.

So what’s not working exactly? You can select to receive the contact form submission via either the PHP mailer script, or have it submit to a webhook of your choosing. Don’t think you can have it do both.

I did have both in the previous version.

You are on the previous version now (3.0.18). Did you want to try an even more previous version from the release notes page?

To my knowledge you could only select either Email or Webhook delivery on the Contact Form settings, not both. If I’m mistaken someone can correct me.

OK Dan. I did receive the normal form Email AND the PHP script email (which sent our a response email to the Email address in my form), so I received both. However, I hope perhaps it’s something you might look into a bit more as I need this for my business. Thank-you, Roy

Did you have some kind of custom solution set up with your webhook? I’m not sure I understand how your contact form was working. You are saying normal email and PHP script email, but I don’t know what that means. Can you clarify a bit about what happened when someone submitted your contact form? That would help with troubleshooting.

You mentioned this, so I’m wondering if you had some kind of automation set up with your webhooks or something.

When someone submitted a Form I received an email with all the form field data. My PHP script (located in the same folder) then sent out an email response to the email address submitted in the Form. There was no other setup. It was all done in the Form Component settings.

Ok, so this was a custom PHP script that you built to do that?

yes

Got it.

Originally (when your custom PHP scripts were working), did you have the Email option selected in Elements, or did you have the Webook option selected?