Recycling unwanted themes and stacks

In respect of RW & add-ons being insanely cheap, can I like this post more than once?

2 Likes

I have just bought a stack from stacks4stacks after having first trialled it!

With the difference that Will offers most of his Stacks at no charge, he rather pleases you to make a donation at some point (which you should do if you enjoy his Stacks). So itā€™s actually not a trial, its a full featured Stack in most cases. Some of the Stacks are paid, yes, but only add 1-2 more options with your purchase compared to the free version.

Of course every developer could offer a free version of a Stack with missing features that could than be added with the purchase of the full version. However, thereā€™s a big risk that people will stick with the free version (like: ā€œthe feature set is enough for me, I donā€™t need extra features X and Y on top of that by spending moneyā€). 2 of 10 people would purchase the full version of the Stack, 8 people who didnā€™t spend a penny but enjoy the Stack.

In my opinion, every developer should go with their own way of earning money for their products. Whether its selling each Stack without offering a trial, or offering all Stacks for free and asking for a donation or two. Or even developers who offer a monthly subscription with 1-2 new Stacks per month.

ā€”M

2 Likes