Renaming 1 page causes publishing problems

Uploading a page in which I made some changes, but also changed the name of the page itself (Weblog became Archive), I encountered publishing issues. After publishing nothing seemed to be changed on the server. Three browsers (Safari, Chrome, DuckDuckGo) kept showing the older, unchanged page. Clearing caches and cookies didn’t help.

Using Cyberduck I found out that Elements didn’t change the name of the Weblog folder but created a new folder called Archive. This folder was only partly populated: only 2 of the 8 subpages of Archive were uploaded. Thereafter I republished Archive and all its 8 subpages. Everything was uploaded correctly but still didn’t show up in the browsers: the old page Weblog still existed on the server and that page was visible in the browsers.

I finally saw only one solution left. I deleted the complete site with Cyberduck and republished the complete project with Elements. That did the job. But that is not how it should go, isn’t it? My project is not big. My menu has 5 pages, I upload 19 pages in total, 37 md-files and resources (I haven’t counted them). Publishing the site I upload a total of 3582 files, not too impressive I think. I hope users with much larger projects than mine don’t encounter the same publishing problem as I do. And it only started with renaming 1 file!

Hi @PouwelW

RapidWeaver doesn’t delete files or folders off of your web server, it never has. If you are going to rename a page, you have to delete the old page from your web server manually on your end.

Regarding the publishing issues, seems like you might not have connected the new page to the menu, or in some other places where it might have needed to be connected? Can’t really tell without seeing the before and after of the project file.