Rw8 project empty when opening it

After a long time, I re-opened a RW8 project with RW8. Project structure appears correctly, but all pages are empty (styled text) except one (blog page).

I work with MacOS12.7.3.

What can be the cause of this ? I virtually lost all my website !

Hi @jplela,

That sounds troubling! Was there any error message when you opened the project?

Cheers,
Erwin

No error message, no message at all.
Everything seems normal, but pages are empty except blog page. The RW8 file size is 172 Mo.

I don’t know how many pages your website has; but as long as the last published version is still online you could copy and paste the texts from there into your - currently empty - RapidWeaver project. Not great, but at least you have your content back.
Otherwise you could search for an older version of your project file on your Mac (maybe using time machine) and have a look if the content is there on an older version…

172MB is way too large for the project file to be emtpy, so I suspect that the content is still there, just not loading.

First things first though.

Open the project file in RapidWeaver, go to the Publishing tab and check if this option is set to anything other than “Never”:

If it is, great! There’s a backup of the last working version of your poject file on your file server, waiting for you to download! Just click the Download Backup button to download the file to your Mac and you’re set.

If that option was set to “Never”, then there will be no backup on the server and the “Download Backup” button will not work. If you have Time Machine set up on your Mac, you can restore a working copy of your project file from there.

Failing that, chime back in here and we’ll pick it up from there.

Cheers,
Erwin

1 Like

Thank you all for your help !
Unfortunately, backup frequency was set to “Never”.
I’m sure all the data is in the file, but as you say something blocks loading.

Hi @jplela,

I think it is.

@dang I suspect this project file is corrupted in some way, possibly some plist file that’s not doing what it should be doing.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Erwin

:person_shrugging:

Send the project file and addons folder over to us so we can take a look. Guide here on how to send those.

1 Like

I have sent the zip files. Let’s have a few days before going ahead. Thank you anyway !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.