Serious issues with 8.1.7 using Mojave

My problems seem to be multiplying and I’m at a loss to understand where the issues are coming from.

Running RW 8.1.7. Had no problems with recent updates, but now when I make the smallest change (for example add several words of text) RW shows 50+ changes to the site and takes longer to update the page. With older versions when I made a small change I typically saw 3-4 items go forward and the publishing went very quickly.
I have also noted that RW 8.1.7 takes longer to connect to my FTP site when publishing than previous versions had taken.

On top of this when I add photos to a gallery page (using Delta template) over 1/3 of the images show a lost link. When I delete the images and add them again I get a different set of images that have lost links! In this case when I go tp upload it appears that every item has to be updated for the whole site and it takes over 15 minutes. (I have 200mbs service here) and a different set of images online are now showing broken links!

Note my screen shots. In first, “ready to upload” everything looks correct. In second, “in RW preview”, I start to see lost images and in the third shot, "after upload, you can see that a different set of lost connections are found and there is sometimes a legacy image as explained above even though that image was deleted prior to new uploads.

I have tried throwing away the .plist files and reloading and that changed nothing, but i did note a different set of images failed to load from my first upload.

I desperately need some help here!

You want to post your website address :wink:
http://www.bittersweetestatesales.com/photos/
"Note my screen shots. In first, “ready to upload” everything looks correct. In second, “in RW preview”, I start to see lost images and in the third shot, “after upload, you can see that a different set of lost connections are found and there is sometimes a legacy image as explained above even though that image was deleted prior to new uploads.”
Sorry but your first two screenshots look identical so I don’t understand.
But I see your uploaded pictures (some) are distorted on your page so there is some problem with your formatting? So something is wrong in my opinion. Your file names all have the same photo size and that seems incorrect judging from the thumbnails…

Also try “squashing” your images, the one I Dl’d was 200KB and could easily be 50KB without a problem. That would speed up uploading…

This problem looks to me to be beyond what the forum can help with in general terms. This doesn’t look like a “have your tried X” sort of problem – but more like something that a support person should look into directly by analyzing your actual project file.

Here’s what Id’d do…

1. I’m not sure what plist you are referring to – but I don’t know of any file with that extension that you can trash without causing serious damage to the file that contains it. I would probably start by recommending not doing that until you know for sure it’s safe.

2. It doesn’t look like you’re using any plugins for this project – if that’s the case I’d make sure there are none installed. Sometimes installed things (yes, even things you’re not using) can cause problems.

3. I would zip up your project, resource, etc. and send them to the Realmac Support guys. And describe your problems in detail. Give specific examples.

4. Check if you have working back-ups of this project file. It looks like there is likely some data corruption – those missing images are very worrying. If you can find a Time Machine backup of this file, perhaps that would be a better place to start.

Thanks. The .plist files are just pref files that are replaced when ever RW is started. Sometimes it is pref file corruption that leads to many issues. In this case it did not.
I checked thru my plugins and only the ones I use regularly are on.
I will contact Realmac support today.
I went back to a copy prior to Mojave and it opened the same way in Mojave!

OK, that’s not so bad. But it will still contain info like the location of your add-ons folder (if customized) and registration info for plug-ins.

this project doesn’t use any plugins at all, correct? if that’s the case, it might benefit you to simply remove them all – just temporarily – to see if the situation improves.

you can even just start RW by holding down the Option key – this will allow you to disable plugins

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.