I don’t see an option to stop checking for updates. I get a “New Version” available every time I boot Elements. Please add a don’t check for updates option to Elements 2.4.4. Please don’t get me wrong, I think Elements is great, I just don’t need to upgrade to v 3.
ok. that’s crazy.
Did I miss something? Is going from v2 to v3 free? If so, then great. But it sure looks to me like I would need to buy a new license, and like I said, I don’t need that.
I am sitting on V2 at the moment. I don’t use CMS and am not interested in AI so am happy with what I have. I will renew my subscription and update at some point in the future when I see something I need or an OS update breaks it.
If you go to Settings > Updates you can untick the box to automatically check for updates.
Elements is a yearly subscription. As long as you have a current subscription, updates are free, and you’d be wise to keep them coming. Elements was just updated for the latest version of macOS Golden Gate, for instance. If you let your subscription lapse, Elements will still work, but you won’t get updates any more.