Shout out for Sitelok - password protection & membership software

Quick answer: If your control panel looks like my screenshot, you’re on v5. If it doesn’t, you’re on an older version.

Can’t see your screen shot.

Whoops. Never mind. Is it above the post.

It’s also nice to deal with a company (Vibralogix) which uses RW for its website.

Totally agree with @dave. Version 5 of Sitelok looks much better than before. Nice upgrade. I have not testing all the new features, but I’m really enjoying what I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Just a follow up on my post a few weeks ago. I went ahead and purchased Sitelok and am very pleased. I’ve been spending a lot of time learning and customizing it for our upcoming annual conference (Spokane Regional ESL Conference - http://spokaneesl.com) next February. So far I have the registration system down pretty well. This will help us track paid registrations much easier than our old system.

However, for this educational conference, only about half of our registrants are individuals. The other half are institutional registrants. What I mean is that someone in a school office will send us an Excel file of a list of teachers who will be attending. Then that admin person in the school office will pay by credit card (via PayPal) Can I upload a .csv file into the system of these registrants and have an automatic email be sent to each registrant?

1 Like

Absolutely. As part of the csv import process, it allows you to add the imported users to a group, (in your case, maybe a group named after the institution). From that point, they can be easily emailed (if I remember correctly, there is also an option to have the imported users selected automatically after import, meaning you can email them with a single click after import)! The email could include a link to confirm registration and eliminate the risk of a typo in the imported email addresses). Also, once payment is received, you can send out another email to them to add them to another group (if you so wish) by clicking a link.

There is so much flexibility in Sitelok!

2 Likes

Hi folks,
seems like a lot of sitelok experts are arround here – I am not and stumbled over sitelok today while doing some research for a potential project…
I wonder if it´s possible to mimic a certain drupal 7 website of a client by using a combination of Total CMS and Sitelok in a RW project (The drupal site isn´t ready yet, but I noticed, that it´s not responsive at all – and it turned out that fixing the theme would mean to hire a pricy drupal expert)

to give you an overview:
The website aims to do business with customers who are willing to pay for presenting their company within that website.
Users can register as “clients” (paid) or “visitors” (free). Clients can present themselves, their products, their services on one or more “client pages”. visitors can just look arround.
besides the “client pages” there are other static pages as well with general information. both share the same design and layout.

what I would need is an automatic generation of those "client pages“, as soon as a user has registered as a client and logs in with his username and password.
the “client” should then be able to insert/upload content like texts, images, videos etc. if he wants to.
additionally the “client area” is meant to contain features to get in contact with “visitors” (forum, chat, video chat, livecall)

since the number of clients is expected to be high, creating those client pages by hand in advance is no option.
would like to here some opinions. at least “forget about it” would be helpful to avoid further research.
thanks for helping!

No dynamic page creation in TotalCms as of now, although rumor is it’s coming

1 Like

thank you for your thoughts on this topic.
I will have an eye on how total CMS evolves in the future.

I’ve just started using Joe Workman’s Email stacks. They’re great for creating beautiful HTML email templates for SiteLok.

Peter: That’s an interesting usage. I had not thought of that before. Would you be willing to share 1 or 2 email forms you’ve made for Sitelok? I don’t use mail sending services but Sitelok I use a lot.