Solved:- Can someone help with some CSS please

@nickcates Hi I am using the Forward Theme, i cannot get the Menu colours how i would like them, maybe one of you kind people would like to help ?.
I cannot find the Colour settings i need in the Master Style anywhere.
I have asked Nick Cates about it as well, but i guess he is busy doing good work elsewhere.

www.timmytoad.net

I have Four items in the Main Menu, the colours i have for these are what i would like for the two drop down menus, that is all it is.

For example, when a parent link is clicked, the sub menu pops down, hover over the links the Black page name changes to White, which is good.

But what i would also like to happen is the background colour change to Red.
It is probably easy for you chaps, if someone could give me a clue please i would be very pleased.

PS. i would also think that the Parent Page Link in this screenshot should have a Red Background ? it doesnt look right, how it is ATM.

Later:- I have figured out, the answer must lay in here somewhere

nav.theme ul.l1 > li.open > a, nav.theme ul.l2 > li, nav.theme ul.l2 li.open > a,
nav.theme ul.l2 li.open { background-color: #BFD2FD;  }

Tim

did you get it @timmytoad?
Is it this?

nav.theme ul.l2 li.open { background-color: red !important;
}

Thank you @swilliam
Thanks Scott, I hadnt been able to figure it out, i shall try your suggestion in the morning just as soon as i can :blush:

Tim

Dam me (pardon my french) @swilliam that made no difference at all !

Thanks for trying anyway, i am suprised i cannot get the effect i would like from the Site Styles colour options.

Tim

I will try to have a look at your actual page later today @timmytoad, SIteStyles? Are you using foundation/topbar?
There is a setting in the TopBar - TopBar styles that controls hover etc.

Sorry @swilliam but i am using the Forward theme from Nick Cates.
I have used Foundation but have found that a tad too complicated for my limited skills :wink:

If this challenge is deemed to be to diffiicult, i might give up on the idea and just be happy with the Page Links changing from Black to White.

Let me know what you think buddy.

Tim

@timmytoad

Try:

nav.theme ul.l2 li:hover {
    background: red;
}
2 Likes

@kryten Hey Stuart that is spot on thanks :slight_smile:

Tim

Should be the color selector, Navigation Sub Background

1 Like

Huh? It was in the theme options all along? Timmeeeee!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL go figure

and the rest of the 20

@nickcates @swilliam @kryten OOP’s you will all be pleased to know ?, that I have now gone into hiding, attempting to make another Masterpiece, still using the Forward Theme :slight_smile:

Tim

2 Likes

Haha… No sweat buddy. Keep on at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nickcates In your Forward theme, as in the example you’ve made here, is there a way to make just one item in the drop down menu a different colour? Could the one page-link here titled “Untitled Page Copy Copy,” be made brown (or any other colour) and all the other links in the same dropdown be remain the same blue? Is there a way to do that–no matter how difficult? Even if it had to be hand-coded, is there a way to do that? Thanks.