I have used the AI engine in Elements with great success. It has helped me resolve tasks that I have not yet trained myself to do on my own. Question, however: is there a cost for using this AI model?
Hi Mike,
In my experience the only extra cost I can see is your AI provider.
I’ve been using a basic ChatGPT Plus account (using Sol 5.6) to help me streamline and build stuff using an MCP connection. However, I found that I ran out of my ‘5 hour allowance’ fairly quickly.
That was until they released GPT-Sol 6.1 recently.
Just yesterday I used 6.1 to build an entire booking system for a client via the MCP connection. It included CMS items for the client to edit things and Stripe payment integration. I spent about 6 hours on it and never got anywhere near my allowance using that new model
.
I went with the MCP connection initially to try it out. Plus, I had a lot of chat history in the ChatGPT app from building the original site, so it just made more sense for me to continue to work in the way I was familiar with. I’m also not too keen on blowing API tokens blindly.
Hope that helps.
I agree with this completely. Whatever OpenAI did with the new GPT-6.1 Sol model is fantastic. I was using it the other day for about half the day and by the time my 5 hour limit was about to reset, I still had around 55% usage left (so I only used about 45% usage for the whole time). Then my 5 hour limit reset and I was back to 100%.
This is on a ChatGPT Plus subscription too, so only ~$20/mo.
They have really improved the cost with GPT-6.1 Sol so I recommend people connect their ChatGTP app to the Elements MCP server and start using that model for their more complex/demanding work. ![]()
Anyone tested ChatGPT 6 Astra Medium?