What FTP client software does everyone use?

I’ve been using Filezilla for years. No regrets. And free

YummyFTP is made by the same developer as the discontinued Vicomsoft FTP, which was for many years the best FTP client available on the Mac. Yummy FTP has the same feature set. It’s companion software, YummyFTP Watcher, rounds out its capabilities.

I think the original poster @jamie purchased yummy ftp pro at the bargain price of $2.99 that @DaveFox posted above.

That’s a steal, so I purchased as a backup to transmit.

FileZilla is an excellent and open source (free) program, I’ve used it a lot on Linux; the UI can be a bit unruly for folks use to Mac’s.

Years ago I tested most of the ftp apps mentioned here as to their speed. For me, Yummy was the fastest. Now again, that was perhaps four years ago.

But I’m wondering if anyone else has actually tested and compared upload times…???

By the way… I grabbed Yummy then and I’ve never regretted it.

Unless you’re testing on a private network and you could as FTP will work and was initially developed for closed systems a “Speed test” wouldn’t tell you much. Too many variables on the Internet like routes, routers, switches, etc. to have any hope of a valid result.
I think all the major players claim to be the fastest and probably have comparable speeds.
I think for most users price, features, and ease of use should be what you want to look for in a FTP client.

Understood… my “speed tests” were practical in nature and for myself. I transferred large video files and timed and also directories containing smaller files. I did this several times for each and considered average. So it was purely practical for self to see which app uploaded fastest for me.

I’ve been using Captain FTP since 2005.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.