Which Mac will be on Apple Silicon First?

So what do people think, which model will be out first this year on Apple Silicon?

• Macbook
  • Mac Mini
  • MacBook Air
  • MacBook Pro 13/14”
  • MacBook Pro 16”
  • iMac
  • iMac Pro
  • Mac Pro
  • Something completely different

0 voters

1 Like

There are rumours it’ll be an all new form factor iMac. Very likely but I’d assume they’ll go for the entry level options first, a completely refreshed MacBook for example, more suited for entry level rather than power users. Though it will be interesting to see where they draw self imposed artificial lines between iPads and Macbook Pro ranges.

The noticed changes in the Big Sur UI by some commentators suggesting tap targets coming to macOS and possible touch enabled MacBooks is intriguing.

The Mac Pro would be last, given it’s massive redesign and introduction last year. Then again it’s modular nature may lend it to be able to be part upgraded to Apple Silicon parts as needed by existing users?

I always hope for new models to be user upgradable, to extend life cycles and reduce the need to buy a complete new mac every few years, but I imagine the new line of Macs will probably have more glue and solder in them than ever before.

1 Like