Yuzool's Navigation Stack - updated (THANKS!)

It’s a great addition to my library of gadgets by Yuzool. Two modifications I"d like to see are the ability to change the height of the navbar, and the option to remove the branding space and center the menu.

7 Likes

I’ve got another suggestion. Within Foundry I can set an inner-max width for the bar, or choose to do full-width inner container. I typically set my inner-max width bar to 960 px. Would it be possible for Navigation to do the same? I prefer not to have the menu bar stretched across the whole screen when using higher resolution monitors.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! to Mathew’s suggestion. This is the issue I mentioned. Sticking the Navigation stack into a full-width stack (with a colored background) doesn’t do the trick- and for most of my sites, I want the navigation to be site-wide, not browser wide. See this site, as an example.

Not high on my priority list would be a gradient background, too.

5 Likes

All sound great - thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look to make those improvements for next week (busy this weekend so will take a little longer than last time)

That’s 5 new features :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend all and back next week with more info! :wink:

4 Likes

I know you’ve edited this already, but just in case: Yes, a request for inner-max width of the bar! (That’s what it’s called in Foundry, but the correct name/term may be something different.)

3 Likes

Hi
While you are working on future updates of the stack, would you consider adding:

1. An option for opacity on the scroll to color
  2. An option of either turning off the dividers between the menu pages, in other words just having the 1 divider separating the logo / menu toggle and pages or adding color option for the dividers.

If it can’t be done, perhaps a CSS snippet can be made available?

Thank you!03%20AM

4 Likes

Back from a Spring break and just shipped 1.2 with all the requested updates inside :slight_smile:
Let me look at these from @rolisize and report back with a quick update if possible soon!

5 Likes

Thanks to all for their help making 1.2 a reality! Here we go:

Thanks to @Mathew, @lindan, @Dave for your suggestions!

We got all those things in there, including:

Center Nav items

Fixed Centralised Floating Navigation

Gradients!!!

Hide Branding option

Navigation height!

Mobile Scroll Height

And most requested…

Fixed inner menu width

Here’s the full release notes:

1.2 Navigation Stack:

NEW:

• NEW: Option added to set inner-max width of the bar! So you can choose to now do full-width inner container or set a inner-max width to say 960px. This is useful if you don’t want the navigation going edge to edge on big screens.
  • NEW: Option added to center align the menu items!
  • NEW: Added option to hide Branding completely!
  • NEW: Set the Scrollable Height of the Burger Menu. Good if you have lots of menu items and don’t want people to have to scroll too much - make it longer.
  • NEW: Added fixed centralised on top option! So floats nicely at top of screen in the centre whilst scrolling.
  • NEW: Gradient Menu Style added for top Nav bar! With 2 colours and angle option! This one can make you site look like the 80s in no time.
  • NEW: Desktop menu height can be adjusted! Means logo needs to be moved/adjusted also in its own settings panel.

With these options it will allow you to hide branding, centre the navigation and use your own logo and slogan stacks above the Navigation Stack.

More to come soon. Will look at @rolisize mention above and thanks all for having fun with this Stack!

Happy Weaving!

4 Likes

@yuzool Will 1.2 update be coming through Stacks in the normal way, i.e. through checking for updates within Stacks? So far I’m not seeing any update. I understand it may take an hour or two to come through: and that’s just fine. But if it’s being delivered some other way … then I don’t know how to get it.

1 Like

Absolutely @Mathew ! It should be working now.

Comes through Stacks updates:

1 Like

I never get yuzool updates showing up in RW. I am a bundle customer though so wonder if that is why. @yuzool can you explain? I always need to go in via my dashboard to download updates. What happens when I am no longer a bundle customer? How will I get my updates then?

Another great update though @yuzool!!

2 Likes

Great update for a great stack but I can not get the latest version, I received an email with this update but it shows, always; This addon is older than the one installed. Also, these updates are not showing in my RW.

Thank you

2 Likes

It’s a few hours later … and Nav 1.2 definitely not coming through via Stack updating so far.

… but I do see the link provided via direct email! Many thanks. But still weird about the non-within-stacks updating.

2 Likes

Likewise for me. I was able to update through the direct email.

Just a quick note of thanks to Michael for listening to our needs and desires, and then quickly updating the stack! There are very few developers who roll out so many updates, so quickly. If I’m not mistaken, you hit every nail on the head…and I assure you we not only appreciate it, but will keep it in mind when thinking about future purchases. Your customer service and attention to detail has been fantastic.

6 Likes

Not sure what is going on here…

Just jumped on my second computer. Installed an older version of the Stack and hit “update” and got this:

Might have been an error in one of the earlier builds. So my advice is to either download from the email (@TINO, @Mathew, @Dave) or the bundle dashboard (@habitualshaker) then in future updates it should work - I’m sure of it.

Extra notes:

@habitualshaker - you should be getting them in RW and the Dashboard. I’ve checked the update logs and people have been download updates so it is working. So not sure why you’re not getting access. Try this one again and let’s see what happens in the next round.

Follow for updates:

Thanks all for the kind comments, this brings a little needed sunshine :wink:
Thanks @Dave for the longer piece also - really appreciate it!

3 Likes

A ‘sticky’ option (with offset setting) would be nice. I often like putting the navigation under the banner and then having that stick to the top (or an offset from top) when reached. Possible for a future iteration?

I definitely don’t / can’t get them from within RW. Is there something that you might be doing differently from other devs? Your stacks are the only ones where I can’t update from within RW.

1 Like

There’s a fixed option already and “Fixed Centralised Floating Navigation” added in 1.2 might be good for now. Although there’s no offset value. That could be added in the future :slight_smile:

I just tested and same as above:

I’ve checked the update logs and people have been download updates so it is working. So not sure why you’re not getting access. Try this one again and let’s see what happens in the next round (1.3 onwards…)

2 Likes

This is actually a perfect example of the issue. I thought I had the latest version but it transpires that I only have 1.1.5. A check for updates reveals nothing from Yuzool:

And looking at the screenshots for v1.2 above suggest that the features you mention aren’t equivalent to what a sticky menu can do. I’ll try and download again manually later though this obviously failed too last time.

2 Likes

If or when this option is added, you can use this donation-ware stack:

https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stacks/pin

to add a sticky option to the navigation stack, I tried it and it works fine.
Just place the navigation stack in the Pin stack, it also has a z-setting
in case you run into layering issues.

3 Likes