Dev Diary Ep7 - Remote Image Support

Is there somebody on the team who is constantly updating and editing a user manual? Or do you wait till the final version. That alone must be a big project.

It is a big project. There are several trains of thought on documentation.

Some prefer starting documentation at the same time development starts, and then modifying/updating the docs as things change.

Others prefer to wait until the app/software gets a bit more fleshed out before starting the docs. Reason being in initial app development, things are changing so rapidly, what you have today can be completely different from what you have tomorrow, requiring a complete rewrite of whatever documentation was already written.

I’m of the latter mindset.

No worries though, we plan on having both written and video documentation for RapidWeaver Elements, and we will still be offering our weekly Office Hours for live help if people need. So users will have plenty of resources to pull from to build modern and awesome websites with RapidWeaver Elements.

Hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, it’s nothing to do with saving revisions of your entire site, but I suppose it’s a little related to snapshots :face_with_monocle:

It’s a little bit of both, we’ve started drafting the manual and soon you’ll see pages start to appear here in the Docs section. The pages will be a work-in-progress and the manual won’t be fully finished until the final product ships.

Thanks as always :smiling_face:

EDIT: oh haha, I see @dang beat me to the reply on this by a few minutes, but what he says is also true!

I’m thinking the hint is at some form of gallery functionality.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

icons

If you have pages, resources, {sparkle icon thingy}, elements, structure, and ‘gear’, I’m guessing {sparkle icon thingy} might have something to do with templates, collections, etc.

Either that, or effects/modifiers.

I’m probably dead wrong either way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No comment…

2 Likes

dan & dang,

I’m not worried about the manual being ready, was just curious about the workings of a developer. Users get the product and maybe, like me, they don’t think about the blood sweat & tears and all-nighters that went into the finished app. The manual seems like a huge undertaking - depending on how detailed you want to go and I suppose it evolves and gets added to over time.

One small developer whose support I find incredibly well done is Econ Technologies who make Chronosync. https://www.econtechnologies.com Their web site could have been made in RaidWeaver! Very Dan(g)ish. :hamsa:

1 Like

Snippets library would be very useful.

Do you use the Snippets Library in Classic? if so is there anything you’d like to see improved in it?

When I was in the design biz. I used it for storing basic building blocks and functionality. Then just designed as needed. I also used it a lot for repetitive pages that may have had small changes.

Loved it!

I still use it the same but dedicated to our franchise biz and all the training templates.

1 Like

I would love to see a CMS/blog module. Might be a big ask for version 1, but it would be ideal.

1 Like

That won’t make it into the Public Beta, but data functionality is something that is super high on our list to implement.

2 Likes