Stacks 3 : Image File names

I always specify the image name in the Image Stack but when the page is published the file names are changing to something like ‘stacks-image-DE3125B-9943.png’ instead of the correct filename that I provided on the Inspector Pane.

Is this normal ?

it is not normal. it’s a bug that was introduced late in the beta cycle that we did not get a chance to address before the release. it will be fixed and back to the expected behavior asap.

@britinusa
Look at Warehousing your images.
The advantages are innumerable. You’ll never look back.

Same problem here,
After i rename my images, in the page source code, all the images in the stacks are named “fulsizeimage_53286.jpg, fulsizeimage_53288.jpg etc… and NOT the names i gave the image.

Over the last years i found out that this is an important feature in google ranking for my page. I even tried changing the image name in the page and the image settings: nothing works and the file name stays unchanged in the pages source code.

I hope your team fixes this problem asap Isaiah

1 Like

Have you published recently, philvdl?

I believe this topic was started before v.3.01 was released. Maybe try adding names and republishing, because I don’t seem to have that problem today, at least not with a simple image stack.

Hi Bioguy,

i used the Refined Slider stack 2,0 today, and the problem is still there.

waiting for a fix of this problem

Hmmm, you’re right. Its strange though. If I just drag an image directly onto a stacks page (and it creates an image stack for me) it seems to retain the title I give it on upload. But, any time its inside of a pre-existing container, even just a column stack, then the plug-in gives it a random name on the server.

Yeah, hoping for a fix on this soon too.

2 Likes

ricinport,

And for warehousing, you’d recommend… Joe’s Stack??

Look at Warehousing your images.
The advantages are innumerable. You’ll never look back.

@MarkSealey
Any image stack worth it’s salt has built in warehousing, but as a general recommendation JW’s responsive Image Warehouse stack is as good as any.

I’ve never tried renaming my image files so they have always gone online with those rather generic technical names. In fact I can’t even find the option now on this project done with Foundation, though I seem to recall seeing this in the past. Is it generally considered worthwhile renaming files from an SEO standpoint and has this been fixed in Stacks?

Having never looked closely at the the point of warehousing images I wonder what the advantages are because it seems that a normal upload places everything in the right location and the site then loads correctly.

Thanks, Ric!

@MarkSealey
Any image stack worth it’s salt has built in warehousing, but as a general recommendation JW’s responsive Image Warehouse stack is as good as any.

Is there any update on this, I just downloaded the latest Stacks plugin and the image names are still getting changed from the values that I provided.

Thanks

Yeah, doesn’t look like it made the cut for the latest update.

I’ve been working on this issue quite a bit. It is not nearly as simple as this particular symptom would make it seem. :wink:

That said, I’m hoping to have this one corrected in the next update. Hopefully not far off. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Isaiah

2 Likes

I’m running across this same issue, and found this thread. Any idea when this fix may make it into the public build? I’m really hoping to not have to manually edit all the html and jpg files before going live with the site I am working on now :wink:

-nathan

2 Likes

I suppose I’m also curious to know if this is a Rapidweaver issue, or an issue with the Stacks plugin itself. If it is just a plugin issue, I’d be happy to go through the YourHead customer support channels instead.

The buck stops with me. I just haven’t been able to fix this yet. Sorry about that. As I said it is not nearly as simple as it might seem.

Isaiah

Hi Isaiah, still no solution for the corrupted and lost filenames?

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, the issue is not yet fixed. I am sorry for the trouble. Just to reiterate, the problem is not an easy one to fix.

Christi Carew
YourHead Software
http://www.yourhead.com

the alt tags of the image are more important than the image names. So if you have good content in combination with a good domainname and a good mata discription Than the alt tags wil support this and the image name is les important.