Annoyance - new project opens behind current project

Don’t think I’ve missed a setting but using RW8.5.1 on Mojave 10.14.6, the following happens.

I have a project open
I want to copy something from an existing project or refer to something there, so I open the second project
It loads but I can’t see it because it’s behind the current project
I can open the Window menu and switch to it but it seems like counter-intuitive behaviour

Shouldn’t a second project automatically open on top of the first project?

Rob

1 Like

Hi Rob… New RW project opens provide the normal Mac OS Finder behavior here. You are seeing this only with RW windows? Other new windows for other apps opens on top as normal?

Yes, I see this as well. Does this happen when you have nothing selected in the current project (like a stack)?

I’m using the same configuration and no problem here.

I don’t have a fix, but a possible (hopefully temporary) workaround is to use the CMD-~ (Command-tilde) key combination to cycle through the open windows of an application.

I find it a bit easier than going to the menu and select the appropriate window.

Doesn’t seem to make a difference whether I have a stack selected in the current project or not. Interestingly, if I open a project from the recently closed list, it appears on the top as - I think - it should.

I haven’t had a chance to check yet @1611mac - I’m trying to finish a bit of ‘work’ (!). I will this pm.

I never select from the RW panel or from within RW. (Can’t recall the last time I saw the RW startup panel. I have it turned off.)

I make an Alias of each project and have them sitting in a convenient and quickly accessible location (edge screen on 2nd monitor) . I always open projects by clicking it’s alias. My projects always open as normal, new one on top since it’s done by the Finder.

I don’t think that I’ve ever opened a RW project from RW file menu or RW panel, and I’ve used it for years. Perhaps that’s the difference.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.