Exlirgraphics and Adam Shiver still in business?

I have some problems with the Navigator theme from Elixir. I have emailed them twice and Adam Shiver (@Elixir) once but am not getting any replies. Does anyone know their/his status ?

He is active on Twitter, I am sure your emails are either
a. not reaching him
or
b. his replies are not reaching you.

3 Likes

@mp1963

Absolutely in business.

I typically find @Elixir responses to assistance requests to be less than 1 day unless he is otherwise occupied.

I can only think that your reply email address is incorrect or his replies are being filtered at your server or the replies are in your spam folder or he didn’t receive your request for assistance.

Brad

2 Likes

Hi @mp1963!

I replied to the email you sent me on March 6. It went to the address you provided in your support ticket, which was: marek.paul@gmail.com.

In your original email you said:

For some reason the only page that displays the site title on the right hand side of the nav bar is the Join Us one. Interestingly this is a plugin (Formloom 3) rather than a stacks page. What am I doing wrong please ?

My reply was:

I think I know the problem, but I need to have a look at your project file. Please send me a copy of your project file and I can take a look at it and see what might be up.

If you want to send me that project file now I will still take a look at it for you. :slight_smile:

Also to answer your thread title question – yes. Very much still in business. :smiley: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Adam I have been using the support form on the website and on your personal site. I would seem you are not getting the messages. This is all in the last week or so.

I have a problem with Navigator. The site title only appears on certain pages instead of all of them and I know not why ?

Have a look at www.clantss.co.uk and watch when the site title appears in the navbar … its really strange.

There is also an issue in Chrome where the Menu FA is surrounded by a pale blue outline … it does not appear in Safari or Firefox.

Is there a way to make the background of the entire theme transparent ? I would like to put an image up as a background but there is no way to change the background colour opacity ?

Hi again Marek (@mp1963)!

I just looked at my server, which stores all the support tickets as Markdown files, and found that you’d sent one on March 7th as well, but it was an almost identical question as the email on the 6th, so I likely skipped that one since I was still waiting to hear back from you regarding my original reply to you.

All that being said, if you send me your project file, as I mentioned in my last post, above, I would be glad to have a look at your issue with the site title not displaying as you wish it to.

Have a look at www.clantss.co.uk5 and watch when the site title appears in the navbar … its really strange.

As for this – the site title in the browser tabs and window title problem seems to be because of a stack you’re using called TitleType which is what I think is causing the weird appearance of the site title in the browser tabs and window title.

There is also an issue in Chrome where the Menu FA is surrounded by a pale blue outline … it does not appear in Safari or Firefox.

Does this also occur on the live preview site for the Navigator theme? Home | Navigator theme

Is there a way to make the background of the entire theme transparent? I would like to put an image up as a background but there is no way to change the background colour opacity?

Those are not options of the Navigator theme.

Send me your project file and I will have a look at why your site title is not displaying on some pages. Like I said I believe I know why, but need to check out your project file.

Adam

1 Like

Have removed TitleType and re-published. Makes no difference and it wouldn’t because I only started playing with TitleType today but have had the problem with the site title not showing from day one. The problem manifests itself in preview as well as with all browsers.

The blue outline does not occur in preview only when using Chrome.

Can I not make the background transparent by using a css tweak ?

I have to stress that not one of your replies to my Gmail address reached me and none of your replies are/were in the junk folder. Most odd.

Project file sent by email.

1 Like

@mp1963

Just an aside here, I too am experiencing issues with Gmail in Mail.app regarding sending/receiving.

Brad

Have removed TitleType and re-published. Makes no difference and it wouldn’t because I only started playing with TitleType today but have had the problem with the site title not showing from day one. The problem manifests itself in preview as well as with all browsers.

I think we may be talking about something different here. No worries. I’ll look at things once I get your project file.

The blue outline does not occur in preview only when using Chrome.

What I meant was – when you visit the URL I sent above (Home | Navigator theme) in your browser, does the outline of the FA Icon occur?

I have to stress that not one of your replies to my Gmail address reached me and none of your replies are/were in the junk folder. Most odd.

Just responded to your email.

Heading out the door for the day, but will have a look at your project file once I get it in the morning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I not make the background transparent by using a css tweak ?

As for this – you could definitely write your own CSS to achieve something like that if you wanted, and then place it in the custom CSS field in the Page Inspector in RW. :thumbsup:

Had a look at these two things this morning… and emailed @mp1963, but I wanted to share what I’ve found on the forum in case it helps anyone in the future. Here’s what I found as far as the site title:

You have enabled the site title overrides on your pages… but instead of entering any content into the field, you left them all blank, so it is replacing the site title with blank content. The app is doing what it is supposed to do, by using the overridden site title, slogan and footer since they’re checked, but it is replacing content with blanks because it wasn’t supplied with any content: http://d.pr/i/jAkH

As for the odd blue outline you’re seeing in Chrome on the navigation toggle – It is strange. When I load the preview site here in Chrome v48.0.2564.116 It looks as it should: http://d.pr/i/nKAW

I don’t use Chrome often, so I’m updating now to whatever the latest build is. Then will test again…

OK, so I just updated to v49.0.2623.87 and this is what I am seeing: http://d.pr/i/1duwk

I can’t seem to recreate it so far here. Any chance you have some sort of Chrome extension installed that would be highlighting links? Or perhaps some sort of Chrome theme installed?

1 Like

As for the blue rectangle … I only see it when I click the mouse button on the menu … but will check any extensions I have installed. Its interesting the Safari doesn’t do it.

Didn’t realize it was during the click. I can recreate that. So, it seems Chrome is adding an outline to button elements. The trigger is a button, so it is oddly frankenstein-ing an outline onto it. I will see if I can’t resolve that and get it in a future update.

1 Like

Phew, i have to say Adam you handled that post very well indeed :slight_smile:

Tim

3 Likes

@timmytoad: Just doing what I do. Glad to help.

@mp1963: I sent you an updated version of the theme to test. Let me know how that goes.

I have an update going out soon-ish for the theme, depending on how some other bug fixes go, so I will try to get this one in there as well after I hear back from @mp1963.

1 Like

Hi Adam,
sorry if I take advantage of this post to get a clarification about Navigator. When I view the demo you have published on your website, on an iPad or iPhone horizontally, I noticed that, when I scroll down the page, I see always the browser heading and menu (it does’t disappear as usual). This behavior, combined with the sticky menu, comports that there is a very little space to see the content. Because I would like to buy this theme that I love, I would like to know if there are updates who correct this behavior (If so, you should update the demo :wink: )
Thanks,
Gianluigi

sorry if I take advantage of this post to get a clarification about Navigator. When I view the demo you have published on your website, on an iPad or iPhone horizontally, I noticed that, when I scroll down the page, I see always the browser heading and menu (it does’t disappear as usual). This behavior, combined with the sticky menu, comports that there is a very little space to see the content. Because I would like to buy this theme that I love, I would like to know if there are updates who correct this behavior (If so, you should update the demo)

The browser chrome, or browser heading as you said, doesn’t disappear because in Navigator the page itself never scrolls. Navigator’s different effects require the browser window itself not scroll, so the content area is a separate div that is locked in place and its content scrolls, simulating the normal behavior of a page.

Most mobile browsers that hide the browser chrome, or browser heading, do this based off of the browser window itself scrolling, and that isn’t happening in Navigator. In other words, it isn’t a bug, it is just how the theme is designed to provide the very unique navigation effects.

Thanks for the explanation that I think I understand. Unfortunately the result is that on an iPhone held horizontally, in Safari, almost a quarter of the screen can not be used to view the content … it is also true that you can not have everything :slight_smile:

I also will take advantage of this thread because my 2 mails ( 2 March and 5 March) and my support request few days ago got lost someway.
I’ll wait for Adam 's kind reply?

Thank you

Antonio Cocco

@tangerine62 – What is your email address? I will look to see if I’ve received any support tickets from you. Also, what is your question?

Yes, unfortunately that is true. I wish I had control over how the browser handled hiding and showing the address bar and the other “chrome” of the browser.