H Tag URGENT REQUEST

Hi There

Could anyone advise me whether the H tag is automatically created in Rapidweaver perhaps from the browser title.

And if not, if there is a plug-in which creates this essential Google aid.

Or do I have to create it manually and place it on each page. If so is there a guide on how to available!?

It depends what theme youā€™re using. We canā€™t help without a link to your website.

Not sure if this is what you are asking for butā€¦
If working in a stack or plugin that uses the standard RW ā€œTextā€ block/container you can easily apply H Tags. Have the text area active and then click on ā€œHTMLā€ at the bottom of the window. There you will see Heading Tags 1 thru 6. Just select the text you want the tag applied to and select the appropriate tag from the HTML dropdown.

You can also see if there are any ā€œHā€ tags applied by viewing your source and searching for <h1>, <h2>, etc.

Hi There

Thank you for the prompt reply. This brings up another question. if I follow the HTML H1 route advised it is visible as text in the website pre-view. will it also show when online?

I am trying to improve my SEO rating. how does the H1 process differ from

The ā€˜Titleā€™ setting in ā€˜General settingsā€™
The Browser title in Inspector > meta data.

or ā€˜Titleā€™ in ā€˜override default settingsā€™

Thank you

Link

At the moment, your theme uses the Site Title as the H1 tag on every page, which is quite common these days.

Myself, I prefer to be able to set the page H1 title on a page by page basis. You could make your own H1 on each page as Greg mentioned above. This would mean at least 2 H1 tags on the page. Some people say itā€™s not an issue now to have more than one H1 tag on a page, but I donā€™t think anyone knows 100% which is the best way.

You can on a page by page basis overrider the the ā€œsite titleā€ as well as Slogan and footer:

This would give you the unique h1 on each page and only have one h1 per page.

2 Likes

Many, many thanks, I will try that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.