Is foundation the best option for this project? Small e-commerce page -

Hi,
Hope this question is an easy answer.
I love the way the parallax effect looks and feel it will work great to showcase my product and have some neat depth.

I also need to use rapid cart or a similar shopping cart. The rest of the site will be filled in with these items and maybe a couple more:

Rapid maps 3
Postoffice (email sub. database)
Sharable
Animagic
FAQ
Doorkeeper
Final word
Reflection

With these stacks would my best bet be buying foundation +parallax background then ad in the above items?

I will worry about how to put it all together when that time comes. Just making sure I have a solution that will fit together and makes sense.

If there is any way of accomplishing the exact same feat Minus foundation due to the steep price tag please advise*

Thank you so much for your support

I have Foundation and also the Parallax stack, though I have yet to use that on a project. Foundation is a wonderful addition to Rapidweaver that allows you to break away from the restrictions of themes. I’ve used it myself on a site I will be launching on Monday to sell an eBook.

If you get the full Foundation suite you won’t need animagic and probably some of the other stacks as well, since Foundation includes a wide range of stacks. As a general rule try to use Foundation stacks where possible on a Foundation project because the coding should be cleaner. You can certainly add other 3rd party stacks though.

On the point of price. Foundation is actually a big money saver in the long run because you no longer need to buy themes and lots of stacks.

1 Like

Hi, I also can recommand Foundation, and to buy the full Foundation Bundle. It is once 99$, but you have really a very big flexibility in building sites. Additionally there exists a lot of free stacks from Big White Duck for Foundation. http://www.bigwhiteduck.com

But as I know it is not possible to use Plugins in Foundation. But the full bundle includes also a gallery functionality and contact form.

Perhaps you can also use the Accordion Stack from Foundation to build your FAQ.

1 Like

Allright. So you both feel strongly that foundation is worth it’s cost.
I am still learning how this all fits together. .

So without foundation; a theme must be used which greatly limits the placement of items etc. Is this correct?

Alternately,
With the foundation bundle I’ll only need: + Foundation
Rapid maps 3 (for where we are located)
Postoffice (email sub. database)
Sharable (social media tracking)
Doorkeeper (18+)
Final word (ad on the way out)

The other stacks are sort of built in or can be added using big white duck bits and pieces.
For a simple site this should be more than enough I would imagine.

Is this correct? Can someone please let me know if this will be a complete solution to get up and running so I canmake a purchase and get things going.

1 Like

You could use the Foundation form stacks for the email subscription if you wanted.

You could also consider Freestack Responsive. If cost is important, Freestack is less expensive but - like Foundation - allows you free rein when it comes to laying out your designs. Have a look at the showcase here.

http://www.blueballdesign.com/rwthemes/fsrshowcase/index.html

There are add on packs for Freestack Responsive but you can also use third party stacks as well.

Rob

1 Like

If you are doing an e-commerce site that is intended to make money I wouldn’t hesitate to get Foundation, especially if you want to build other sites later on. I’ve never tried Freestack Responsive, so I can’t offer any opinion on that but the momentum with updates seems to be with Foundation judging by the flow of information on this forum.

I’ve spent ages working on my current site making small tweaks here and there but Foundation lets me do it all and I’ve practically stopped buying other stacks now. My original plan was to hire a professional designer but I realised this was an opportunity to learn myself for future projects and I hate to think what it would have cost if I had hired a professional to make all these changes over the months.

1 Like

I will +1 Foundation since i purchased last year i’ve built lot’s of sites with it and haven’t used or purchased a theme since. Once you get to grips with it you’ll never look back. I’ll also +1 getting Foundation then going straight to bigwhiteduck.com and downloading all Andrews free stacks, you then have Foundation on Steroids.

Another solution for an e-commerce site is Payloom 3 from Yabdab i early beta tested it and it’s awesome and being released shortly.

Hi All,
Thank you for the recommendations.
I just grabbed the Foundation Bundle and downloaded all white duck stacks. The bundle came in three packages: Foundation, foundation pack1 and pack 2

Any advice as to how to mimic something like one of these sites or a combination of them all:
My site: vitalisvapor.com
to appear as
paxvapor.com/pax or
http://imsickmobile.com/ or
Boy-Coy - Creative Design Studio - Mobile & Web

Here is my rapid weaver screen for plugins and stacks:

Why does foundation have three options to begin? :o/

Based on what is here what do I choose to resemble the example sites listed above? I was thinking of using joey for the top menu. I’m guessing i’ll need to purchase parallax background and input that into my foundation work?

Will I need to buy the Stacks plugin as well? $50 I thought foundation came with stacks… I just installed stacks 3 which seems to be entirely separate. Is this needed for foundation and all of the white duck stacks to function? Honest question

I need to know which of the three foundation options to choose and why there are three to begin with. I would think there would be the latest version of foundation. period. Which is the best and why are there three?

Will I need to buy stacks for $50 as well?

Yes you need stacks 3 the best 50 bucks you’ll spend.

wow, even after prying for answers it takes until after purchasing a hundred dollar item that there is an additional fifty dollar item for it to function. Did anyone think of that when I was asking:

"
Alright. So you both feel strongly that foundation is worth it’s cost. I am still learning how this all fits together. . So without foundation; a theme must be used which greatly limits the placement of items etc. Is this correct? Alternately, With the foundation bundle I’ll only need: + Foundation Rapid maps 3 (for where we are located) Postoffice (email sub. database) Sharable (social media tracking) Doorkeeper (18+) Final word (ad on the way out) The other stacks are sort of built in or can be added using big white duck bits and pieces. For a simple site this should be more than enough I would imagine. Is this correct? Can someone please let me know if this will be a complete solution to get up and running so I can make a purchase and get things going."

No one thought to mention of the mandatory 50% cost changing purchase. . thank you gentleman

1 Like

ok, just purchased stacks. Now I have the deluxe setup. Time to design something

Stacks 3 is not mandatory for Foundation. Foundation works also with Stacks 2. The download link for the older version of Foundation which is compatible with Stacks 2 is in the blue box under the big Download button.

You have already Stacks 2, so if you want to purchase Stacks 3, under the big buy button on the stacks page there is also a text mentioning that you get Stacks 3 for 25$ if you have already Stacks 2.

Good call. Maybe I can contact them and get some money back.

Keep Stacks 3 it’s a far nicer product to use. Most dev’s are moving to Stacks 3 only with their new stacks to take advantage of new features Stacks 3 offer’s.