May need a new web host as my web host of 15 years had a cyber attack

Our web host usnx.com for my website peafowl.com and all my emails associated with it have been shut down due to a cyber attack on Thursday, October 8, 2026 and is still down today. This company has 600+ clients all over the world and has been extremely reliable and a fantastic company for my 15+ years of being with them.

I’m not sure if they’re gonna come back and provide us web services anymore so I need to find a place that is reasonably priced and dependable and who can be around for another 15+ years.

Can any of you recommend companies who I can go with if they never come back online ever again. It’s very disturbing after having a company you’ve been happy with for 15+ years.

Here’s the information that they provide provided us after keeping us in the dark for a day and a half. They’re not communicating very much with us except for on this website that they have up and running. SERVICE OUTAGE DUE TO CYBERATTACK - U.S.NEXT

This is what they are recording at this time. And I quote from their website.

Updated Oct. 10, 2pm

We continue to investigate our services while partnering with other support teams and federal agencies.

More information will be shared as it becomes available.


Updated Oct. 9, 4pm

Due to a cyberattack, many U.S.NEXT services are down, including email and websites.

Our staff is working around the clock with FBI and Homeland Security teams to evaluate this situation and determine the next steps. This is expected to be a multi-day event, and we’ll communicate helpful information as it becomes available.

We continue to evaluate the extent of the impact. As a precaution, we have shut down access to services while we run risk assessments before bringing services back online. No personal client account information, including billing details, has been compromised.

For clients who need email service, we would be happy to coordinate any DNS change to point to another email service.

Please continue to access usnx.com for official updates.

To me it seems very cryptic, but maybe that’s what happens when these things happen when a company is cyber attacked.

Someone can help me out with finding another provider if and when I have to move on to someone else. Been with RapidWeaver for a very long time and it’s a great platform and recommend it to everybody I know.

Thanks

I use Elements hosting. They’re rock solid, dependable and their support is second to none! If you have any questions about their hosting get with @differentdan and he can get you started.

Jeff

Forgive me I don’t usually pay much attention to forums however, is this the same band that runs RapidWeaver and all the RapidWeaver websites over the years?

I apologize my dictation program did not work. Well I meant to say is this the same? Dan who runs RapidWeaver and who I’ve talked to in the past years.

Dan runs Rapidweaver (I think), @differentdan handles lots of other things especially web hosting with Elements.

Hey hey, Dennis is back. Your peafowl website takes me back 20 years :smile:

Yep, Elements is by the same people as Rapidweaver, Dan is still in charge and they have recently introduced a hosting package. I would say you should definitely look at it.

https://docs.realmacsoftware.com/elements-docs/hosting