Nick Cates: Project Depth

You have to publish to a local folder and seach & replace all occurences of google servers, replacing it with your own CSS file which links to your downloaded WOFF and TTF Font Files files. I am using Coda coz it can search in folders. But it’s annoying to do these steps after each update… I wish RW could improve this handling in future releases.

2 Likes

Hey @nickcates … could you add a feature that would take parallax to zero (0) as a default? Right now you have to change it in every section…and as you know you have lots of them!

Thx,

1 Like

Hello Depth family! Depth 1.0.1 is out, customer feedback heard, and implemented! I’ve sent out update emails to all Depth customers, if you did not receive that email, use Order Lookup here: nickcatesdesign.com/rapidweaver/

This should address the speed performance issues a handful have experienced, as well as Depth userbase feature suggestions!

2 Likes

Just released Depth 1.0.1, but for the next 1.0.2 update, I’ll see if I can add a disable parallax setting in the Depth Base.

1 Like

If anyone continues to experience long hanging issues in RapidWeaver after updating to 1.0.1, please let me know support@nickcatesdesign.com!

1.0.1 fixed it all for me!

1 Like

@nickcates thanks for a great theme/stack layout thingy :grinning: to add to the Rapidweaver tool box. Great start and an awesome looking product IMHO. Question. Has anyone had success with getting modal/full page lightbox windows working within Depth? I’ve purchased Depth and am getting all sorts of glitches with the usual suspects (Foundation stacks, JW Glider, JW Call to Action, Elixer’s Focus stack etc). Any thoughts? Or better yet success getting these to work.

Shoot me an email support@nickcatesdesign.com, and provide a single page project file demonstrating the issue, along with a copy of the stack your using on the page. I’ll test from there. Thanks!

1 Like

I love depth :grinning: Purchased it 1 week ago and since than, I‘m crazy with updating my 8 years old RW Site (built with Theme Gallery from Elixir). So many opportunities to deal with … and the design is outstanding. Thanks, Nick :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Annette for the kind feedback! Would be able to copy/paste your comment as a short Depth review, and hit the “like” button on the RapidWeaver Community? It really helps me out!
https://rapidweavercommunity.com/addons/stacks/depth

1 Like

Of course, that‘s a great idea :grinning:
Little question … any idea for an image slider in depth, which fits to all mobile devices? I puzzled around the whole evening, but did not come to a conclusion. Tried Orbit … but it‘s several years old, I think.

Have to second this - Depth is a huge help. Got better feed back about a site than any other today. Obviously i took the glory :slight_smile: but we all know how much the developers are appreciated .

1 Like

Of course, that‘s a great idea, Nick :grinning:

Lot of fun with creating my new site … but many sleepless nights too :rofl:

Can’t see any issues with Orbit being a few years old? It’s a good slider and works well responsively.

1 Like

Perhaps I have to change the Image Sizes? It fits well on iPhone, Mac and iPad Landscape. But not on iPad Portrait

Can’t say I’ve seen this issue. Take a look at the Orbit demo pages on an iPad and see if that’s OK

SuperFlex 3 is my go-to slider solution: https://nickcatesdesign.com/preview/rapidweaver/superflex_3/

Just wondering If anyone has tried some form of pop over text within the depth sections ?
I just downloaded PopDrop from BWD and trying to get my head around how to use it within project depth.
I want to be able for people to click on a word ie, “grief” and get a definition or explanation as a popover content.
Has anyone successfully done this within the pre-defined depth sections?

I had some limited success doing this. You need (or at least I needed to in my tests) to write HTML in the depth text field in order for it to work. Doing it via the link dialogue box didn’t work for me.
I’m attaching a screenshot from a previous support ticket/discussion but I haven’t explored in much detail

Thank you Jason for your input. That is helpful experimentation. I can’t see the entire code you wrote in the “Sub Text” section. Would you mind posting this code snippet?