Pictures getting bigger

(Fabio Borges) #1

When I published a photo gallery, I used pre-sized-down pictures, to 160KB. When I checked the published files, I realized Rapid Weaver made file sizes much larger, to around 900KB ! How come? How to avoid that?

I sized the jpegs down using Lightroom, for a better control of picture quality, I don’t like to use the “Scale Image” option, because it usually make them look very worse. But now, with almost 1 MB per picture, my site is taking too long to load.

(Brad Halstead) #2

Did you change the resolution to 72 in Lightroom or leave it at 300?

There is a setting (I can’t immediately remember where) that tells RapidWeaver to scale images to X size… might be in site settings. Do you have that checked (enabled)?

Brad

(Fabio Borges) #3

Yes, I exported from Lightroom to 1920x1280 jpeg at 72dpi with max size ajusted to 160KB. This way, they look really good, with a fairly small file size. Whenever I let Rapid Weaver re-scale this small pics, it make them look awful, pixelated and with lots of moire. I just don’t get why RW is blowing file size up! Is there an option for RW dont mess at all with pictures, just publishing the files as they are?

(David) #4

Check your settings in the image inspector by double clicking on the image. You probably want them set to “Scale to fit” at 100%, and also can try adjusting the “Constrain Height” and “Constrain Width” settings there. Also check to see that “Automatically Resize Larger Images” is not ticked in RW preferences.

(Fabio Borges) #5

Sorry, but it is not working. When I double click the photo, it won’t open any inspector. It tries to open another image, in a Mac finder window, as it would replace that picture. The “media editor” will not show anything neither if the picture is in a “photo album” page, like this I am having trouble with.