Rapidweaver 8 release date

Is there any date for Rapidweaver 8 yet or is it still too far in the future?

2 Likes

Ive heard rumor of an April 1 release:)

2 Likes

All joking aside,
Havenā€™t heard anything, not what new features, dates, beta dates.

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for RW9. Thatā€™s definitely coming in 2019

Wait for RW8 is going long and long. Please keep us updated on when is the expected release date. thanks.

1 Like

RW team. please reply. thanks

Speaking personally, Iā€™m fine with 7.5 for now. Thanks.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with @robbeattie.

7.5 is currently nice and stable and filling my needs perfectly.
8 will need to be something special to go through the stress of an upgrade :confounded:

1 Like

Iā€™m holding out for 7.6

1 Like

I just need to know as I am currently running Rapidweaver 6 and I donā€™t want to update to 7 then find they bring out 8 a month later. So please Rapidweaver give us a clue or at least give us a free upgrade if you bring it out shortly after we purchase 7.

This might give you some hope about 8, no date though

1 Like

Hey Fellow Weavers,

I know Iā€™ve been fairly quiet of late, but thatā€™s because the whole team has been working hard on RapidWeaver 8 for the last 6+ months.

RapidWeaver 8 is due for release later this year, and Iā€™m please to say itā€™s shaping up to be the best version of RapidWeaver yet. Our main focus with this release is to add features and fixes requested by users and developers. We canā€™t add everything, but weā€™re doing our best to make it kick-ass.

I donā€™t want to announce any features or a release date yet as these things can change and I wouldnā€™t want to disappoint anyone.

Interestingly, I looked back at the release date for RapidWeaver 7, and itā€™s been over 2 years since itā€™s initial 7.0 release. Obviously during that time weā€™ve constantly released updates and weā€™d be looking to do the same with RapidWeaver 8 ā€” Our goal (or purpose if you like) is to build the best web design software for Mac.

tldr; RapidWeaver 8 will be released later this year, and itā€™s going to be awesome!

Do let me know if you have any more questions about 8 and Iā€™ll do my best to answer them :slight_smile:

Happy Weaving!
Dan

11 Likes

@dan McFormat already rate RW as the best in their recommendations of ā€˜must havesā€™ for MAC users.

Great!! 7.5 is working fantastic and I still have not squeezed the last bit out of it. Iā€™eager to know the features of 8!!
One feature for professional could be the implementation of subdomains. I explain:

• Sites become bigger and bigger in time
  • sometimes it is a good idea to move some parts of the site into subdomains
  • it would be great to be able to split the project in subdomains inside the same rapidweaver project without having several ā€˜subdomainsā€™ projectsā€¦

How to signup for Beta Release. Thanks

Keep watching the forums, they will announce a public beta. As of now, nothing has been announced about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.