Rapidweaver next step?

Are we going to have a Rapidweaver living in the web like Wix or Webflow maybe Squarespace in a near future? I mean… I’ve been receiving lots of remote jobs for clients that use those type of website builders and it seems corporations are relying on that type of service too…

I have a cluster of clients that I build and manage their sites using RW and thanks God for that because it’s my main income tool but sometimes I think RW will benefit too if you can access it thru a browser and be able to keep building your site… what do you think?

2 Likes

I would be astounded if this was even anywhere on the distant horizon.

4 Likes

Hey, Albert. As you’ve mentioned yourself, there’s a lot of “cookie-cutter” builders on the web.

If you have any more ambitious website to build, RW in its desktop form is better. You have a total control (if you use one of the available frameworks), you can limit or eliminate dependencies and you can implement privacy and security rules as you please.

Those (and others) are the reasons for RW NOT to be turned into a web-based builder/editor.

3 Likes

Hey, Albert. As you’ve mentioned yourself, there’s a lot of “cookie-cutter” builders on the web.

If you have any more ambitious website to build, RW in its desktop form is better. You have a total control (if you use one of the available frameworks), you can limit or eliminate dependencies and you can implement privacy and security rules as you please.

Those (and others) are the reasons for RW NOT to be turned into a web-based builder/editor.

+1 -(All the cookie cutter web builders are a good reason to use RW!)

RW is and it will still be my fav app to build websites. Believe it or not I’ve been using RW and Espresso App as my main tools for web development and I don’t think there’s something out there better than RW to be honest.

I was wondering if RW has plans to join that path in a future because of what I’ve been experiencing in the last years. I mean… webflow is not a cookie-cutter at all IMHO and with the right stacks we can have a RW site you can manipulate online if you wanted to. Think about it.

Me? I’m a desktop app guy. Hope RW stays with us forever!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.