I have a genealogy site with over 200 pages. When I first got started with Rapidweaver the site was hand coded, a bit dated, but worked for what we were trying to do. I purchased Stacks very shortly after the purchase of Rapidweaver as I couldn’t find a theme that suited the entire site. When Foundation first came out I purchased that and converted the site over a second time to that.
My problem is the site is becoming quite cumbersome to work on within Rapidweaver. Almost all of the tables use CSV, images are all warehoused. I’ve even tried the embed stack from Instacks’ Repository stack to embed long Markdown articles. I’ve only been able to get individual page weight down to just under 480k after adding the Contents.plist and the PageAttributes. Multiply that times 200 and that’s where my problems start showing up.
Initially the pages were over 500k each. As the site was built with Foundation when it first came out I found the stacks still worked but were Legacy. I converted several of the pages to the newer versions of the stacks and seemed to recover a bit of the page weight. With the number of pages and the work involved to convert them and the fact that with Foundation if I work at converting the site now, I’ve got to do it all over again when the next major update comes out, I decided to do one conversion of the site to Foundry. This has saved me some page weight dropping the project.rw file from 110mb to just under 97mb.