RapidWeaver Version 7.3 (18575) Problem

Now hit browse:

Select htdocs

1 Like

Ah, well – outta luck. Here’s the message on that:

Okay, Doug – WITH OR WITHOUT THE SLASH? Also, I was publishing to a “live server” . . . was that right?

See above post

hit browse

select htdocs

1 Like

This is the result, Doug . . .

1 Like

with htdocs highlighted hit the choose button.

1 Like

I did that, and then hit publish and – miracle of miracles – it does appear to be publishing!!!

Wow…

A concerted effort on the part of Doug and David, especially, and the rest of you. Thank you so much. I will test it once it’s published. Anyone for a glass of champagne on the pier?

2 Likes

Sidebar: this is a strangely interesting to follow along as you all try and get Ann going. Tension is mounting for the next screenshot!

1 Like

yeah… like watching a train wreck about to happen, but in this case thanks to @teefers the crash was averted! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Now wait just a minute . . . ha, ha. . . This is THE first time anyone EVER has referred to me as a “trainwreck.” (In vamp mode now.) … Looks like it DID publish. Checking it now…

I know, I know . . . it was the situation not the person . . . but still…

Oh, wait… maybe there WAS a trainwreck. Look!

The message now is :“Access Denied to Remote Resource”

I will check to see if it published.

Try re=publishing all files again. I’ve noticed with that message sometimes it works on the second try.

Okay. I did check it and it did not republish. I will try again now.

Oh… but before I do . . . that reminds me to tell you about a situation that I’ve ALSO never experienced before. Whenever I try to republish (after having tried and failed), I cannot even TRY to do that unless I quit RapidWeaver and then call it up again. I must actually quit out of the program each time. That is part of the reason it takes so long every time I need to republish. I cannot just hit the red dot and close it down. I actually have to FORCE QUIT it each time. Then find it again under applications (it leaves my doc) and start it up again. It is extremely fast on the uptake, but it is a big nuisance to do that each time. I do not recall ever having had THAT problem, before, either. I don’t suppose it is the Theme that is making that happen. But what?

And, I should also note that while I had intended the host originally to have been GoDaddy on this particular site, when it would not publish on GoDaddy, I went back to Network Solutions to publish it there.

This site was publishing PERFECTLY and updating and all the rest UNTIL I DOWNLOADED version 7.3… I might have done that while the site was running or while I had the software on my screen.

I had the original version published on this same site (where GoDaddy pointed the domain name). Originally it was published under a different domain name (MalibuVoice.org) and that is where the client viewed it and critiqued it. I just threw it up there, with the idea of republishing it to its own domain name, once they actually decided what they wanted as a domain name. When they decided and I bought it, that’s when I went to GoDaddy. That also was the first time I tried to republish it after I had downloaded 7.3.3 . . . and when it didn’t work at first, I never suspected 7.3.3, though I did suspect that possibly something might have happened when I upgraded.

Cannot imagine what might have happened, though.

I’d hate to have to rebuild the whole site.

However, there were times, initially, when it looked like it was NOT going to publish (after moving it) that I did rebuild the home page, and then I moved the subsidiary pages to the new prototype website by dragging them from one site to another (on two separate browser software windows that were open simultaneously.).

I am thinking that ALL OF THIS is probably completely irrelevant, however, I am not a geek and I have no experience with the technical end of this so am trying to give you guys (or any ladies that might be following this) as much information as possible.

Appears, once again, to be publishing. Fingers crossed that it will “take” this time!

1 Like

Which version are you using now? Did you ever downgrade to 7.2?

And what is the URL of your website?

Yes. I did downgrade when you suggested I do that. Thank you! It is: http://www.malibuopenspace.org. And while I actually write many of my sites, I did NOT WRITE this one. Only designed it with the Open template (third party, of course.)

latest message:

I am going to have to take another call right now – important business (and there is very little business or anything else right now that is more important in my life than getting this site published!) Except for this call, which is super urgent. … As our illustrious (slightly sarcastic) former gov. is fond of saying in his movies, “I’ll be BAA-AAACK!”

This MUST be published. Thanks so much for all your help, everyone!!!

It looks like it has published 187 of 187 files but on the backup, it is having problems.
I don’t know what you changed, but it appears that it was able to publish 187 files. Did you check your site to see if changes have happened (after clearing your browser cache)?

1 Like