RapidWeaver8 + NickCateDesign's Depth

For the past few days I’ve been working on a new website, with RapidWeaver 8 and NickCatesDesign’s Depth Layout.

RapidWeaver 8 often crashed. Depth is very slow, resource hungry.

I revert to RapidWeaver 7 to built the website with Depth. Everything smooth and flowing.

RapidWeaver 8 is great so far with my other websites. NickCatesDesign’s Depth is great too. But somehow, those 2 don’t get along.

I’d really like to see your project file first-hand. I’ve been hunting for exactly this sort of example of something that is triggering bad-behavior in RW8 but not in RW7.

I believe I have @nickcates Depth stack, but I fear that without your project file I may never see the behavior that you’re seeing. Often times these sorts of bugs, even though they seem obvious and unavoidable in your project, are difficult to recreate from scratch.

Would you mind sharing your project (or just the single page that is slowest) so that I can have a look and understand what is causing the issue from inside Xcode and a debugger?

If you could send a Dropbox share link to private message here that would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. :pray:

Isaiah

Thanks Sam, for bring this issue to attention. Isaiah (maker of Stacks) reach out to me, and is testing this out, it’s in good hands now. Isaiah FAR more understands Stack plugin architecture better than I do.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve been working for 3 hours on a project with newly purchased Depth. And then RW crashes and I cannot reopen. I can open other projects, just not the one with Depth. Shall I deal with Nick or send Isaiah the project in Dropbox?

To be clear: if I open a project using Depth RW crashes. If I first open another project (using Massv) then the Depth project opens, BUT with the inspector buttons greyed out. Nick’s sample projects in Depth open.

I just want to chime in to say how much I love and appreciate two different developers working together to fix an issue - instead of just blaming someone else. Great job, Nick and Isaiah! Just one more reason I love building my sites in Rapidweaver.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.