Restyling 'button' tag in Ruby theme

I’m using Markdown (using MacDown app) to prepare some new pages in a Ruby themed website. And using ‘button’ tag to create some ‘features’ (I can’t think of another way to achieve this…). In MacDown the ‘buttons’ are rendered very ‘minimalistly’ in a style that I really like (see attached). Unfortunately, when I paste the Markdown into the Markdown stack in Ruby, the theme’s built-in styling takes over and I end up with the blue boxes (also attached). Is there a way to revert the ‘buttons’ to the nice, minimalist Markdown-style of buttons? Thank you! :sunglasses:

Do you have a URL?

Styling the button is pretty straight forward.

This would be a start:

button {
  background-color: transparent;
  border: lightgrey 1px solid;
  border-radius: 4px;
  color: black;
  padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px;
  text-align: center;
  text-decoration: none;
  display: inline-block;
  font-size: 12px;
  margin: 2px 2px;
  cursor: pointer;
}

Thanks Teefers: https://www.greenercamping.org/campsites/uk/wales/south-wales/pembrokeshire/st-davids/002-typarke

Just popped your CSS in and it’s just perfect! Thanks so much! Is there some place where these basic elements of CSS can be viewed online?

So if you want to redo the every button on the site you could add the code above (starting point, will need to adjust).

If you wanted to only affect the buttons in the markdown stack, then add a custom class to the markdown stack(s) say mybuttons and then change the selector(first line) to this:

.mybuttons button {

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.