Continual "Document Could Not Be Saved" in RW7 Publish to local folder also doesn't work

Hi Jody,

Well I haven’t upgraded to RW 7 yet, but I have had ongoing issues with being unable to save projects in RW 6. After a lot of troubleshooting using the same project file on two different Macs (one crashed upon saving quite often, the other never), I found out one useful piece of information that solved the problem for me…

Initially RW used to crash once in a while upon saving, but it would then be fine after a restart. However, it then started happening more and more often, until one day I simply could not save my project, no matter whether I restarted, changed the file name, or even used an older version of the project that had worked a few days before. I was completely frustrated and could not use the project. However, I could open the very same project on a different Mac and save without difficulty. So I went hunting for differences between the two installations of RW to see what was different.

Basically I found that after a crash on saving, RW would generate a problem log file in the following location:

User-> Library-> Containers-> com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6-> Data-> Library-> Logs-> com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6-> Problem reports->

If I then deleted the ‘Problem Reports’ folder, and the ‘com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver6’ folder immediately above that (but NOT the folder of the same name that sits further up the hierarchy in the ‘Containers’ folder), then everything worked fine again.

Now I can use RW for many days before I might run into a crash on save. If this happens, I check the file path described above and voila, the problem reports folder is back. If I delete it, everything works again.

I did let Realmac Software support know about this, and I did get a very limited reply that basically said “Don’t muck around with things”. However, this solution works for me, and the folder is not present on my Mac that works perfectly well. As such, I don’t feel worried about deleting it.

As I said, this works for me in RW 6, but I don’t know about RW 7.