SpGetting rid of spacing

Hi Everybody
I can’t seem to remove the spacing between the guitars on both sides off the blue box and the blue box(see the picture attached). Right now I have a 3-column stack set up to 2-8-2, full with and no gutter. Can anybody helt me remove the space?

Hi @Ferris,

Depending on which 3-column stack you used, there might be a setting to change the value of the so-called gutters. A gutter (in this context) is the bit of space between columns. Setting it to 0 will make the columns ‘stick’ together without any white spacing in between.

If your specific column stack has no such setting, you can always look out for one that does. There are quite a few of them, although the best ones are part of larger bundles of stacks called frameworks (and can’t be bought stand-alone I’m afraid).

Cheers,
Erwin

I’m using a foundation 3 collum stack. I’m pretty sure it’s duable in this stack as I’ve done it a long time ago, I just can’t remember what I did.

I’ve attached the settings of the collum here in a picture.

If I can’t get it to work, can you recommend a stack that will be able to do it?

Hi @Ferris,

Hmm, by the looks of it, you already set the columns stack up to show no gutter.

Are the guitar images aligned to the right and left of their column respectively? I assume the images themselves have no white spaces.

It could also be that the content in the center column has some kind of margin applied to it. Could you check that?

As for your question: I use Foundry myself, and the column/grid stack included with that allows you completely remove the gutters, just like Foundation’s column stack does.

Cheers,
Erwin

I’m not sure I can align the pictures any differently that I’ve done. At least I can’t find the option, but it sounds plausible. In the image attached I’ve tried adding the image as a background image in the stack and that has the desired effect. The problem is, that the whole stach disappears if I don’t have a picture in the forefront (on top of the background picture).

Is there a way still display the stack without a front image?

Hi @Ferris,

Could it be that the white bars are part of the form stack’s background then?

In that case, you’ll have to play around with the settings of that stack - see if you can set different widths or override the stack’s default behaviour with CSS.

Troubleshooting for me is a bit difficult because I don’t have the stacks that you use, access to your project file or to the live site.

If all else fails, you could try to set the guitar image as the form stack background and place the form stack directly on the page, without placing it in a column stack first. This should free up space at both sides and perhaps display the guitars in full.

Cheers,
Erwin

So i finnally figured it out. I had to make the picture a fixed size and make it a bit smaller. I have no idea why, but as long as it works.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes