❔What do you want to see in RapidWeaver 8 and beyond?

I’m all about a better blog page. I’d like to see a really tight integration with Typed. Perhaps there could be two tiers: the standard which is the plugin as-is with a few additions and a Typed integration w/ full SEO and stacks support. That could present a simple solution for the casual blogger and a robust solution for those who seek it. Plus the Typed integration would solve the remote/timed publishing & web app issues.

There are lots of blogging solutions and stacks out there, but I really think we all benefit when there are multiple options for users to choose from.

2 Likes

Years ago I used Adobe GoLive. One feature it had was the ability to plan a project. You could make a tree with page titles showing the design of a proposed site. This could then be printed out to show others. It would be great if you could hit a button and the software would add the blank pages of the correct type to the empty site (Stacks, form, etc).

Update the UI, take a look at blocsapp.com for inspiration and auto update RW themes

Can you explain in detail what should be basically improved?

1 Like

@apfelpuree – Off of the top of my head: things like placing ‘Link’ and ‘Unlink’ buttons at the bottom of a RW window, but corresponding settings open at the top of a window. That goes totally against the logic, as well as against Apple’s UI guidelines.

Another weird UI choice on the part of RMS is discussed here.

1 Like

SVG support and automatic theme updates.

1 Like

Yes, that are details worth to discuss, but I do not think that RapidWeaver is basically against UI guidelines. Over the years RapidWeaver has improved it’s UI very much and I don’t see so much problems in using the UI. Yes, there will be always room for improvement but no need for fundamental criticism.

And when you point at Apple UI guidelines: What about Apple’s own apps like the AppStore or iTunes? Their usability is horrible. Compared with these apps RapidWeaver is balm for my eyes and soul

1 Like

How about the ability to compress files when publishing locally. An option that can be made after selecting publish to local folder.

1 Like

I asked before, but to no avail. Make it with less real estate. I challenge anyone on the RW team to make a site on a 15" notebook where then are dragging in pictures and copying text or links from work or excel. There is no reason I can think of to make everything so big, from main screens to info sidebars/windows.

4 Likes

What about changing your screen resolution?

3 Likes

Much more advanced options for the colour picker and saving colours used in projects. At the moment it’s just about the most backward feature in Rapidweaver.

7 Likes

I second that - .svg support is long overdue considering how useful it is. On numerous occasions I have wanted to use an svg file in the site logo area.

5 Likes

I’d love to see more comprehensive support for markdown. E.g., the ability to link another project page through drag and drop, and have the appropriate markdown code automatically generated, or similarly, to insert an image from resources via drag and drop.

1 Like

I am curious how many people use markdown? I don’t! I hate it actually. If I am going to have to use a mark up of any kind then I may as well use html. One the biggest reasons I did not keep Typed.com

2 Likes

You’re welcome to have the hate on for markdown, and if you want to start a thread about it, I’ll even debate the pros and cons with you - but let’s keep this thread focussed on feature requests.

2 Likes

Sorry, it was just a comment, trying to keep it human.

1 Like

SVG is critical for drag/drop. I don’t actually think of this as a version 8 issue. We really need it in one of the version 7 iterations. SVGs are so common now, and have so many benefits. If one is using a stack that allows warehousing then there’s no problem. But for stacks and other things that only allow drag-drop we need SVG support ASAP.

5 Likes

For version 8 I’d love to see extended support for Markdown: specifically Multimarkdown. This would extend the ability to use tables, footnotes, anchors and links, and a few other key features on in MMD, but not vanilla markdown.

2 Likes

Perhaps add RapidWeaver v8 PRO with flat file CMS built in :slight_smile:

And one more thing that maybe you can do in 7.2: split preview button, with the larger part previewing in the last used setting (ex. desktop) and smaller down arrow allowing us to choose the preview size. Now I always have to go from edit mode to preview (desktop) only to go to iPhone preview.