Addon rapidmaps

I updated rapid maps 3 to the new 4 and I found a surprise, while before I could load the maps for free now you have to go from google platform and provide credit card to use it.
This is a rip off and I’m sorry to have updated this addons automatically if I knew I did not throw € 19.00.
This program is out for me and I will load a static map.
Eugenio

The openstreet maps stack from InStacks is good and the Limelight stack from BigWhiteDuck (free but donations appreciated) can display a google map without the API key needed.

2 Likes

As has been discussed on these forums many times before, Google have made it a requirement that you provide credit card and address details to use their mapping services. The same applies to certain other Google services.

However you are provided a free $200 ‘credit’ each month. In other words, you do not pay for the first $200 worth of mapping usage.

To date, I am not aware of any RapidWeaver users being charged to use Google Maps. You would have to deploy maps that are receiving many thousands of views, before you come anywhere near to the billable threshold. And your quota resets at the end of each month.

1 Like

It always starts so before you give free $ 200 then become 100 then without noticing having forgotten the registration you find yourself with an invoice or more paid is a trick already seen I do not have silver hair for nothing.

Cordiali saluti / Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Sincères salutations / Muchas Gracias/ Merci beaucoup

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / С Уважением / 致以最诚挚的问候 / مع أطيب التحيات
Eugenio p.i. Colombelli

Tecnico Commerciale / Sales Manager
Cell. 3286592920
Movin****Tech srl
tel.035-576996 fax. 035-576157

www.movintech.it info@movintech.it

Considera la responsabilità che hai verso l’ambiente, non stampare questa e-mail se non hai davvero bisogno di una copia cartacea.

Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary

La presente comunicazione è indirizzata esclusivamente ai destinatari indicati e potrebbe contenere informazioni riservate e/o protette da segreto professionale e/o soggette al D.Lgs 196/03 (Legge privacy).
Per i soggetti diversi dai destinatari indicati, sono vietati l’utilizzo, la conservazione, la comunicazione ad altri soggetti e la diffusione delle informazioni contenute nel messaggio o negli eventuali allegati.
Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore, è pregato di distruggerlo e di darcene cortesemente notizia al più presto via mail.
Grazie.

This message is intended for the named addressee only and it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and/or subject to the Data Protection Code D.Lgs 196/03.
If you are not the intended addressee, the conservation and the circulation of the message’s contents/attachments to any other person are considered unlawful and unauthorised.
If you have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us by mail. You may not copy or disclose this message to anyone.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.