Alloy problem uploading images

Hi for some reason I am not able to upload images on the alloy editor (see screenshot) the image box has a red X. ???

The red X is for removing an uploaded image. Click the Choose File button to upload an image for the Topper.

Also be sure to watch both Editor tutorial videos: https://alloy.elixirgraphics.com/tutorials/

Hi Adam I have tried everything but cannot get images correct see screenshot I get this ? But no images . Don’t know what I am doing wrong? I have don Alloy on some of my other sites with no problem.Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 5.49.47 PM.png

Kind Regards

Alan J. Hendry

Please visit our websites.
www.iMediaNamibia.com

index7.png

Office (+264) (61) 257551
Mobile (+264) (0) 811285299

Fax (+264) (0) 886561519

Sounds like either a problem with your setup or server. If you email your project file I can take a look and publish a test here to my server as well. Being the weekend I may not be back in the office for a few days, but if you send it to me and I’m able to get into the office this weekend I’ll take a look.

Send me a ZIP file containing your project file to adam at elixirgraphics dot com

If it is larger than 3mb or so, send it using Dropbox, WeTransfer or a similar service.

Thanks for the help Adam I am going to try reinstalling Alloy, will keep you informed.

Kind Regards

Alan J. Hendry

www.iMediaNamibia.com

index7.png

Fax (+264) (0) 886561519

Hi @imp – I got your files, but unfortunately you didn’t send over your project file. Instead you exported the site and sent me that. The file I need, the project file, is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site.

I took the project file you sent me, as-is, and published it to my server. I then went to the Editor page, logged in and edited a post, where I uploaded a photo, and it worked like a charm. I did a screen recording of it, which you can check out here: https://d.pr/v/rov0D9

This leads me to believe that there’s something amiss with your setup. A few things to check:

1. Are you running PHP v5.6 or newer? If not, that is a must.
  2. Check to make sure you’re using valid web addresses in your RW and publishing preferences. I suspect you’re not as your Publishing settings has you publishing to http://www.web-test.com/ which I am guessing is not the domain you’re publishing to. Alloy uses this URLs and if you’re not configuring them correctly it has no idea where to look for specific files at.
  3. Be sure that the image-uploads folder on your server is setup to be writable.

Honestly, I suspect #2 is your problem – that you’ve neglected to configure the correct URL for your site in the publishing settings.

Thanks Adam I think I better get my eyes tested !

There’s a lot to do when building a site. Easy to miss something.

1 Like

:wink: the really stupid thing is I have done it before ! Now I have a notice on top of screen to remind me, (alongside change pages to PHP)
Thanks again for all your help.

Kind Regards

Alan J. Hendry

www.iMediaNamibia.com

index7.png

Fax (+264) (0) 886561519

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.