Alternative to an e-commerce solution from Ecwid?

I received an email today about a price change (will increase from your current price of $169.00 / $14.08 to $252.00 / $21.00 per year/month). This was a drastic increase, and now I am looking for a new provider.

Any suggestions for a similar solution are gratefully received.

1 Like

I would go with Reflow. https://reflowhq.com/

Thanks. Will take a closer look at Reflow.

1 Like

Hi @mrTablet,

I will be releasing the Reflow Stacks before the end of March. They are completed. Working on samples. UIKIT3 and Foundation6 are done, finishing Foundry3 sample file.

Cheers,

Ricardo

4 Likes

Hi @mrTablet,

Yup - that price hike sure is steep. I suspect quite few customers will abandon Ecwid.

If you’re looking to completely step away from a third party service, you could look at integrating a cart directly into RapidWeaver. There’s a few pros and cons when you compare that option to something like Ecwid.

Pros:

• no more monthly fees
  • no reliance on third party servers
  • easier to integrate
  • complete control over the look and feel of the eCommerce part of your website

Cons:

• you’ll have to maintain the solution yourself, so updates and upgrades are now up to you to implement
  • the full load of the eCommerce solution will be on your server, which can be problematic if you run a large and popular web shop
  • depending on the solution that you pick, you might have to build your own storefront from zero

VibraCart Pro ($60 one off payment, Vibralogix) is a popular option among RapidWeaver users. It allows you to choose from the basic storefront included with the app or build your own. If you don’t need a storefront, you can put just the ‘Buy’ button on regular RapidWeaver pages and have the cart reside in your navigation or footer (or both).

It comes with a backend that’s approachable from any device with a modern browser in the world, so you can manage your stock and orders while being away from home if needed.

Webshop.stack ($60, one off payment, SDS82 software) is a stack very similar to VibraCart Pro.

Cheers,
Erwin

1 Like

Hey @RicardoR , just want to create a shop with Reflow. Any chance to get early access to your stacks

Is there a website that uses this solution so I can see an example?

The pre-release will be available sometime next week, I will post it here.

3 Likes

@RicardoR Is it possible to have more VAT settings than just one, and use invoice?

Here is some documentation that might help answer your question:

I look forward to seeing this as I’m also looking for an alternative to Ecwid, as they are pricing me out of business.

Reflow Stacks v1.0 are now available as pre-release. There’s no documentation yet, but I have included 3 demo projects.

You can purchase the Reflow Stacks here

As an early release launch promo the first fifty purchases will get $10 off the price of the stacks with this special discount code: REFLOW-LAUNCH

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

Hi Ricardo. Would like to use the pre-release discount. But clicking on the Buy now-Button doesn’t do anything for me (tried it in Safari and Firefox)… :-/
Having to go to bed now, hoping that I can still use this offer in about 10 hours from now. It’s my 61st birthday tomorrow and it would be a nice present to still get the discount… :wink:
Best, Matthias

Hi Matthias,

It’s all fixed now! Happy 61st. Birthday.

Ricardo

1 Like

Thanks Ricardo! :+1: :partying_face:

I quit ECWID for the same reason earlier and built my own cart with Stacks. Check it out at https://amithailand.com
maybe it works for you, too…?

1 Like