Anyone else seeing this on some forum posts?

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #1

OK, not seeing this on all posts, but it is on some, look near the bottom of this screenshot:

Why is this starting to show on some posts??
@dan @Aaron @LaPan

(Doug Bennett) #2

Yeah,
It’s at the bottom of this post. Seems to be on all newly created posts.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #3

OK, strange. Why though start this now?!?
Thanks for confirming I am not going bonkers! :wink:

(NeilUK) #4

I’m seeing it too. Maybe it’s to stop people posting on 2 year old thread that’s not relevant any longer?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #5

It is on this one too.

(Joe Workman) #6

This was done in an effort to encourage users to create new posts instead of replying to older, probably unrelated threads. If you feel that 6 days is not enough time, you should let @dan know your thoughts.

(Paul Russam) #7

I like the idea, it’s a good move but 6 days does seem a little tight, I’d have thought 2 weeks would be better.

(Gary) #8

This makes little sense. The original poster should always be able to update the original post to mark a bug reporting post or a question post as Solved or Answered. Recently there have been some enlightening and valuable posts brought back to life after many months. It there has to be a time limit then it should be 4 weeks as a minimum.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #9

OK, that is good to know, just had no clue as to why I started seeing it. Thanks for all of the responses everyone. If someone wants to close this (@LaPan or @Aaron) go right ahead!

(Dan) #10

Yup, Joe is correct!

We’ll see how this goes, it should hopefully keep the threads here relevant, fresh, and on-topic. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Dan

(Doug Bennett) #11

Seems like it only works on some posts
These don’t appear to have the warning and are pretty new:

(Greg Schneck) #12

The blurb says, quote “This topic will close 6 days after the last reply.” - I wonder… how does the forum software know what the “last” reply is? (I’m being silly, of course.)

Perhaps it means “This topic will close if there are no new posts within 6 days.”

(system) #13

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.