Completely delete a partial so that it does not return

(Ronnie West) #1

I have mistakenly created 2 Header partials and want to delete one of them.
I have deleted one from the Library but, when I next open the a web page, it re-appears in the library. The partial that I deleted is not being used on any web page!
How can I remove the duplicated partial so that it will no longer be displayed in the Library.
Ronnie West.

(Paul Russam) #2

If you remove it from all pages then it’ll be gone from the library next time you start RapidWeaver, If after a restart its still there then there must still be one on a page somewhere.

(Mark Harradine) #3

Not always the case… I have recently sent @Isaiah a project file with a single blank page, where Partials are not able to be deleted.

(Ronnie West) #4

Hey Paul, thanks for that info but, the point is that there are 2 Partials with the same name - 1 is used and the other is not being used. Somehow the system is thinking that there is only one.
Is this causing it to assume that they are both the same?

I have definitely only used the one in my pages!
Ron

(Isaiah Carew) #6

@MortalWombatUK – just about to post a build with that fix in it.

Stacks 3.2.2 beta 2 should be going up for anyone that’s following the beta (available on our Slack channel) and final release should be in a day or two.

(Mark Harradine) #7

That’s great news, thanks for the rapid turnaround!

(Ronnie West) #8

Steve,
Thanks for that fix but, I have never unpacked a partial (being a recent newbie) so would appreciate some guidance links please.
Ron.