Creating a Landing Page

(Edward Anderson) #1

Hi folks, hoping someone can help me out here.

I am creating a print ad for a magazine and would like them to go to a specific landing page, so I can ascertain what type of response I get to the ad and also to start building an email mailing list.

My questions is: - Do I need to add the suffix .php or .html to the URL that I use in the print ad?

Thanks for any pointers and or other landing page advice.

Cheers

Ed

(scott williams) #2

No, not as long as the file is named index (and there is only one, not both.php and .html)
send them to: yoursite/yourlandingpagefolder

(David) #3

That’s one of the benefits of tidy links - you don’t have to have a long URL or worry about the page type. :slight_smile:

(Edward Anderson) #4

Thanks David & Scott - appreciate the response - Just to be sure - All I need to do is create a page, name it mypage.index and hide it from the menu for it to serve as a landing page?

Is there any good advice on what should be included on a landing page so as to convert more customers?

Thanks again

Ed

(Jason Bostick) #5

If your advertisement were to have the URL example.com/promotion, then your Rapidweaver file should have a Page where the settings would be
Browser Title: (whatever you like)
Folder: promotion
Page: index.html (or index.php)

So your actual URL is example.com/promotion/index.html but if you have your Tidy Links setting turned on, it will display as just example.com/promotion.

As you say, uncheck the Show In Navigation box to make sure it isn’t part of your main menu.

(Edward Anderson) #6

Thanks @jabostick - Thanks for taking the time for the detailed explanation - It proved very helpful.

Really appreciated… Thank you!

Blue skies

Ed