Date Removal in Only a Few Blog Posts

Hello everyone! Is it possible to remove the date in some blog posts (while keeping it in others)? Thank you!

Anyone? Is there any code I can use? My site is www.jonmessner.com and the first few posts are products I sell and I like to keep them at the top of the page. Thanks again everyone!!! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any advice? Any code that I could write? It would be greatly appreciated!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! Is it possible to remove the date in some blog posts (while keeping it in others)? Thank you!

I’m not 100% sure that I understand what you want.

You can certainly hide the date from showing up by targeting it with CSS and setting display:none.

it looks like each entry is within id=“unique-entry-id-XXX” (where xxx is a number)
and the date class is “blog-entry-date”

Scott-
Thanks for responding. I only want to remove the date in some of my blog posts, not all of them. My page is here: www.jonmessner.com
I have products on the page and I would feel better if there were not dates associated with them, however, I would like the dates to remain for my regular blog posts.
Does this make any more sense?

You can do it with CSS
You have to target as I said above… then add display:none if it gets over ridden, add display:none !important

If you look at the page with the web inspector in your browser (under develop in Safari if you have it on in prefrences) you will be able to determine what to target.
Just put the CSS in the page CSS area in RW for that page, no need to have it in site wide code.

I did one just in the browser as a test so it can definitely be done (see screen shot)

Scott-
THANK YOU!!! I will try this and then get back to you.
Again, THANK YOU :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scott-
I think I am getting it.
The first post as an example… do I have to include the entire section in the square rectangle in my css code?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

No, just the id and/or class you want to target then what you want to do

so it would be similar to this (You may need to add !important but try without first):

#theid .theclass {
display: none;
}

#thenextid .thenextclass{
display:none;
}

Here is a link about CSS selectors

1 Like

Scott-
You’ve been very patient. Can you please tell me why this isn’t working?
#unique-entry-id-234.blog-entry-date{display: none;}

Hi jon,
sorry on my phone now so can’t really look at code.

Things to look at

check that everything is spelled right and you don’t have curly" in your code
did you put it in CSS section of page inspector and re-publish page?
If you look at web inspector in browser, is it getting overridden (line through it? ), if so add !important after display: none

I can have a look tomorrow, in the meantime maybe @tav or one of the other code guru’s may chime in. It would probably help if you changed the thread title to CSS help or similar

Scott-
I really appreciate your help with this. I don’t really know code so whenever you get a chance to look at my code above I would appreciate it! Again, thank you!!!