Dev Dairy Ep31 - New Text and Image Component

Hey Weavers,

Yes, it’s another dev diary. Two in one week, whatever next?!

I thought it’d be good to go over the new Text & Image Component we added to this weeks beta. I’ve been using it more and more when designing pages as it’s super fast to build out pages.

Watch the video below and let us know what you think. Is this new component useful? Is it missing any must have features to make it really useful?

Oh, and here’s a link to download the project I use in the video if you’re interested :smiling_face:

Feedback

Keep the feedback coming, and if you have any questions about today’s video please post them below.

See you next week :wave:

Thanks,
Dan & Team Realmac.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to look yet (took a few days away from Elements) but the video makes it look really nice.

Would it be right to say the changes to Sections (being able to add items, control width, pad and margin directly) are making Containers a little redundant? I’m struggling a little to see where Containers fit in.

Hi Dan
The development history of Elements is very exciting and it’s nice how you take us users with you.

In the last mail Ep31 you write that people can download your project to try it out. But don’t you have to have the beta version of Elements?

Maybe I’ve overlooked the link for the beta version, or maybe I’m just not authorized yet, which would be a shame.

Then I’ll just ask again … :wink:

1 Like

Request beta access here.
https://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/request-elements-beta-access-here/43887/97

1 Like

You’d be correct, there may be cases where you’d want to use a container for other things, but we’re trying to make it so you don’t ALWAYS have to add a container. It’s the best of both worlds. Remember, we’re always trying to make Elements as flexible as possible!

2 Likes

Correct, you need the beta.

Expect an email shortly :wink:

You might want to update the Elements webpage, it still says:

When will the alpha version be available?

We hope to ship the first alpha in June. Register using the form at the top of this page to be notified as soon as it’s available.

1 Like

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I think the page is due another bit of a re-design!

Great add-on, will be a huge time saver. Question: is it possible to have a vertical justify for text to fill up the vertical area?

I’m sure it is possible, but I’m not 100% sure on quite what you need, do you have an example? a screenshot would be perfect!

Hi Dan, from this

to this: