Dynamically present information based on time of day

I’m relatively new to RW, so pardon me if this is a really simple question. I would like to be able to have a button appear on a website, but only for a specific time period each week. The website is for a radio host, and I would like to put a “listen now” button when this person is on the air, but only when on the air. The rest of the time, the button would ideally disappear.

Also, one some websites there is an animation on a button to bring attention to it. Not sure I want to go down that road, but I might. Is that possible with a RW button?

Thanks in advance!

Something like this? https://stacks4stacks.com/expiry/

The AdvancedPublisher stacks might be the way to go, for the time controlled aspect. Try the free demo version. The expiry stack is less suitable for recurring dates / time.

I envisage you could add the AP Base stack to the page first.

Add an AP Days stack, to control what days of the week the content should be shown.

Within AP Days, drag and drop an AP Time stack, to regulate what what time the content needs to be shown:

In the above example, the text ‘we are live’ would only get shown on a Tuesday morning, between 9am and 10am. Obviously you can replace the text with another stack type, like a button.

I don’t know of any button stacks that have a pulsing effect. But I have put together some HTML and CSS code for one here:

The HTML code goes anywhere in your page where you want the button to show. The CSS goes in the custom CSS box, in the RapidWeaver Page Inspector. Customise the link address and label as required.

3 Likes

To follow up - I think the Advanced Publisher stack is going to work great for what I’m working on. Thanks Will Woodgate and Lisa Sandler!

2 Likes