It seems lightboxes are intended to be used with images (or videos). My vision is to use a lightbox for a text article, like I’ve done here: studiodentalarts.com
I’m having trouble with closing these lightboxes on mobile. Sometimes you have to pinch zoom the page for the close button to appear, and then sometimes it disappears. It would be nice to be able to swipe down or use some other intuitive action to easily close a lightbox.
- Is it bad design to use a lightbox for text as I’ve done?
- Is there a better way to close lightboxes on mobile?
- Is there a more featured lightbox stack for this purpose?
I have never been a fan of using light boxes in this way. However, here are some pointers…
- Add the styles for the container to the lightbox itself. it looks a bit odd having a styled container inside of a white lightbox.
- You can use a position swatch to move the close button to the bottom right of the lightbox when on mobile.
I use expose…but normally with pdf files
@Amigalander Now i have become a fan of light boxes. There is way you can connect the light box with mobile. Thanks man for sharing useful info.
Thanks, your suggestions helped a lot!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.