Generating a PDF from a Form

Hi there,
is there any possibility to generate a PDF from a Form build either by Total or Easy CMS?
Or do I have to use some other CMS like (I know those are illegal to mention here;-)) Typo3 or WordPress?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Total CMS does not do this. Sorry. I would look here… https://www.phpjabbers.com/

Might be worth asking @yabdab if this is something that Formloom can do? Or does the functionality have to be part of a CMS?

Rob

I’m pretty sure Machform can generate a pdf. That integrates fairly nicely with RW…
https://www.machform.com

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Yes, the client want’s to make canges sometimes.

Thomas

Hi Jason,

I think We had this in WSC 2017…
I will go and try it out. Thanks for the hint.

Thomas

Here we go:
It was 2017 - Forms with MachForms by Dave Hidding

2 Likes

Not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do.

What I would do is create a fillable PDF in PDFPenPro. Then depending on what you wanted to do with the form have the data posted to email or to a database or both.

I do the same!!!

The client will. He wants to have a form, which he can change from time to time. One issue.
The second one is, that he wants to get a PDF for himself and for his client/visitor when someone fills out the form. In this case, it’s a form for attending a medical convention. That’s why he needs two, for him and the participant as a receipt for the entrance fee.

I’ll gonna try if this will work with Mach Forms. I think I remember this works…

Yes, this is all easy to do with MachForm. You (or he) can set it up so he can change/create forms. It is also easy to set it up so both the web-owner and his/her clients get an auto-PDF when the form is successfully completed. And MachForm has several other strengths.

I’ve used MachForm a lot with students (university). I’ve set up so they can create/edit forms, and the data they collect is auto-sent out as PDFs to whomever you want (it need not be just the client and one of his/her clients).

@dave also uses MachForm a lot in a business situation.

The disadvantage is that your client would need to pay for MachForm. It’s not like a stack you can buy and then use on multiple sites. Of course, if you want you can purchase a multi-site license, but then you’d have to assume/bet that you’d use MachForm with additional clients in the future.

1 Like

The disadvantage is that your client would need to pay for MachForm. It’s not like a stack you can buy and then use on multiple sites. Of course, if you want you can purchase a multi-site license, but then you’d have to assume/bet that you’d use MachForm with additional clients in the future.

If he want’s to drive a Porsche, he has to buy one… :sunglasses: :wink:

Well that’s the only disadvantage of MachForm! Sounds like you have a winner in your quest for a forms solution.

Think so. Thanks to all :sunglasses:

Quick question, does Machform allow you to do signatures?

Yes. You can provide a signature pad area. Works well.

Full list of features here:
https://www.machform.com/features-complete-list

Thanks. ANd thanks for the link. That was a bit lazy on my part.

I LOVE MachForm! @Mathew is absolutely correct in all of his points. It sounds like it will do everything you need it to. Keep in mind that when the visitor completes the form, he/she will be completing a FORM, not a PDF form. Once the Submit button is clicked, MachForm has the ability to turn the data into a beautifully-formatted email which, with the click of button in settings, turns it into a PFD which is then emailed to the visitor and/or you.

Incorporating into a RapidWeaver site is as simple as copying some code (provided in the MF control panel) into an HTML stack. It couldn’t be easier.

MachForm will also drop all of the data into a MySQL database. One of my forms has over 150,000 submissions, and to the best of my knowledge, every email has been delivered. Of course, all of the data is available at anytime from within the database. If, by chance, setting up a MySQL database is not your thing, MachForm will do it for you for free.

As Mathew mentioned, it is very easy to give your client the ability to add/delete/edit questions at anytime. You can also restrict their ability to alter the look and feel of the form (fonts/colors/etc.) or give them that ability too. Oh, and if questions are added after everything is in place, there is NO NEED to touch the database. MachForm handles all of those details in the background. Literally- set the database up (or have MF do it for you), and never touch it again.

Lastly, MachForm is based in the Far East - so about 12 hours different than the USA. Yuniar, the owner, is very responsive to questions - just know that he’ll reply the following day.

I can’t say enough good things about it. And, no - I have no business interest in the company…and no affiliate payments. I’m just a happy customer.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

the first thing I had in mind, when, MachForm was mentioned by Jason, was your presentation at WSC 2017
I downloaded it right away, to look at it again.

Thanks!!

Thomas

I hope it helped! If you have any questions, I’m always happy to do what I can…let me know.

Cheers,

Dave

It did. It’ll take some time for the customer to decide what he want’s. Maybe some weeks.
We are doing the site for nearly one year and he’s alway coming with new ideas.
Thank God we have a few other customers… :grinning:

I appreciate your offer to help. When it comes to a decision and I’ll need some I come back to you.
First I gonna try it as far as I run into problems… 'til then - have a good time

Cheers, Thomas

1 Like